Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Spyder - LWB to Adaptive Sport Seats - Plug & Play?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:25 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 2016 Spyder - LWB to Adaptive Sport Seats - Plug & Play?

A friend owns a 2016 Spyder with black LWB and wants to install a pair of adaptive sport seats, or 4 way or 14 way, depending on what he can find.

Does anyone know which sport seats would be plug and play with the factory 2016 Spyder wiring harness and mounting holes?

He also prefers black leather seating surfaces over alcantara if such sport seats were offered. Were they?

Thanks.

Last edited by SKM; 04-17-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:38 AM
PBJT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is just a guess, but german car wiring is known for not having unnecessary wiring. Meaning the plug most likely wouldn't have a pin for powering the seat motors, since LWB didn't have heat or power. If you could get a wiring diagram and see which pin is supposed to power the motor, then test the harness, then you'd know for sure. The other way to do it is to run a new circuit from the appropriate bus on the fusebox to the correct pin. I thought the regular sport seats were leather, and LWB were alcantara.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:51 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I was told it is basically plug and play for my GT3 going the other way around from 4 way seats to LWB from my dealer. The LWB connects into the same wiring harness for the electrically adjustable height motor, at least for the full buckets from my understanding. Your friend will get good $ if he decides to sell those LWBS. But before your friend pulls the trigger on any seat of course he needs to fully confirm, YMMV

Quick Reply: 2016 Spyder - LWB to Adaptive Sport Seats - Plug & Play?