Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 PM
JeffC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Upgrade

I’ve got my 2013 Boxster center console apart, the original head unit removed and ready to install the new head unit. My problem is this isn’t a 996/997/987 so I don’t know the wiring. I’m looking for the ACC wire that gets powered when the key is plugged into the ignition. Also, I’m going to need the Ebrake, and if possible the headlight switch wire. Does anyone know what colors and where the connectors are located? I did the search thing for WSMs and wiring diagrams but it appears they aren’t commercially available.

Thank you,

Jeff
2013 981 Silver/Red/Red
Old 04-16-2018, 12:36 PM
kyflatsixfan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffC
I’ve got my 2013 Boxster center console apart, the original head unit removed and ready to install the new head unit. My problem is this isn’t a 996/997/987 so I don’t know the wiring. I’m looking for the ACC wire that gets powered when the key is plugged into the ignition. Also, I’m going to need the Ebrake, and if possible the headlight switch wire. Does anyone know what colors and where the connectors are located? I did the search thing for WSMs and wiring diagrams but it appears they aren’t commercially available.

Thank you,

Jeff
2013 981 Silver/Red/Red
You can sign up for a TSI account as a PCA/Club Member and purchase whatever diagrams you might need........

https://techinfo2.porsche.com/PAGInf...?Type=GVOStart

An hour session can provide a bunch of WSM material!

Last edited by kyflatsixfan; 04-16-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM
JeffC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you kyflatsixfan. This seems to be a great idea if only the web site would work for me.

Quick Reply: Audio Upgrade