Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:39 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 620 Likes on 395 Posts
Default ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

The APEX 18” Porsche Wheel Group Buy is now officially closed.

VISIT THE GROUP BUY PAGE HERE

Thousands of you took our survey and shared invaluable information that influenced what’s included in this deal. We're happy to announce that our Porsche pre-order Group Buy is now live.

The ability to bring these wheels to fruition is dependent on your pre-order Group Buy participation. We're committed to each specific fitment and finish so long as there is enough interest for each. This Group Buy allows you to pre-order with the potential for the deepest discounts we'll ever offer. You can view all sizes, pricing, and details on the Group Buy site linked below. Participate, spread the word, and rejoice that our Porsche wheels are finally near.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here, reach out directly, or submit them through the Group Buy platform.

Thinking about waiting to join until your discount is hit? Don’t do that!
We always recommend getting your pledge in as early as possible. The system in no way rewards watching the deal and joining late. The whole purpose of the pledge system is to allow you to join with confidence and security even within the first minute of the deal accepting payment. You’ll never have to pay more than you’re willing to - even if you’re the first participant. Pledging is risk free!

How do I participate?
Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GangUp.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What if I have some questions?
No problem! You can simply contact us by clicking “Message Vendor” on the deal page or via groupbuys@apexraceparts.com. Please avoid sending us Private Messages as they do not automatically go into our ticketing system and will experience a delay for responses.

What’s different about our Group Buy?
Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a very manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GangUp.com where you can pay, follow, and discuss the deal’s status.

Want to see how they look?

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 07-05-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:55 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Bump for good looking wheels and a really thorough 981 fitment guide.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PorscheAddict
Bump for good looking wheels and a really thorough 981 fitment guide.
Thank you for the kind words!

Once these wheel and tire combinations become frequently run, I will continue to fine-tune and update the alignment settings as exact negative camber settings are identified. The alignment settings in the fitment guide are accurate, but I'm looking forward to spotting trends and nailing them down to the tenth degree.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions regarding the Group Buy. You can contact me directly or through the Group Buy site.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:59 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm in for 2 sets and CANNOT wait to get my wheels!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:30 AM
4PTZERO
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

is this still set to deliver in Sept. ish timeframe?
Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 981.CS
That is what is indicated in the group buy. September delivery based on when you sign up to the group buy.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gman3280
I'm in for 2 sets and CANNOT wait to get my wheels!
Greatly appreciate your support and participation! I too cannot wait for their delivery!

Originally Posted by 981.CS
Originally Posted by gman3280
That is what is indicated in the group buy. September delivery based on when you sign up to the group buy.
While it may be sooner, I'd rather underpromise and overdeliver on our timeframe rather than vice versa. Production is dependent on the Group Buy figures, so the sooner enthusiasts commit, the sooner we're able to get the wheels rolling. Additionally, delivery timing is prioritized and shipped in the order that official pledges are received.

In this ETA, we've accounted for many of the worst case scenarios. Slow production, a month in transit, a couple weeks to receive wheels and allocate orders at the warehouse, and another week to fulfill shipments.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if I can help in any manner.

Trending Topics

Old 05-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you for your participation thus far, everyone! We're on the road to hit the maximum discount if everyone pledges their interest. With a little over one month remaining, take advantage of the largest discounts that we'll ever offer.

For other enthusiasts that haven't done so already - configure your set, select your preferences, and join the gang! Once you’ve shown your interest, you must come back and “pledge” your interest to secure your desired set(s) on the Group Buy page. Submitting interest without pledging doesn’t reserve you any product - it just lets you stay in touch with the deal; similar to watching an eBay auction. With the ability to choose your discount tier, there is no risk to pledging and no reward from waiting. We’re allocating sets and shipping them in the order pledges are received, so pledging early is recommended.

Our latest APEX blog post sheds some light on the SM-10's knurled bead. Check it out HERE!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Now is the time to show your interest and submit your pledge in our pre-order Group Buy. Although you have until 6/28 to officially submit your pledge, getting your pledge in before the payment phase opens is recommended. The payment phase opens in one week and will run through Thursday 6/28 at 11:59PDT. We typically see an influx of pledges during the payment phase as it is the last opportunity to participate in this deal. Keep in mind that we’re allocating inventory and shipping product in the order of which pledges are received.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:16 PM
Alanine
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They look great. Any pics of production wheels on a 987 Cayman?
Old 06-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Our Group Buy payment phase goes live tonight! This week is your last opportunity to participate in this Group Buy and receive the largest discounts we’ll ever offer.

Showing only interest does not mean you are part of this deal. You must submit your pledge to guarantee your spot and have an impact on the discount tiers. We typically see a rush of buyers in the payment phase of every Group Buy, and with the ability to choose your own minimum required discount, there is no risk in pledging. Your order will not be processed unless we reach your desired discount level. Get your pledge in today to secure your preferred finish and receive the first batch of APEX Porsche wheels.

Originally Posted by Alanine
They look great. Any pics of production wheels on a 987 Cayman?
Ask and you shall receive...

What's photographed? 2012 987.2
What wheel and tire specifications? 18x9" ET46 with 255/35-18 front, 18x10" ET36 with 275/35-18 rear Toyo R888.
What suspension and alignment settings? KW Clubsports. -2.5° front negative camber, -2.0° rear negative camber. We recommend -3.0° front camber with these specifications to eliminate rubbing and ensure proper utilization of the tires.

For reference, please visit our 987 fitment guide, HERE.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:16 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The deal has successfully reached the max discount tier off $300 off + Free Shipping*. We will continue accepting pledges/orders until the deal closes tonight, at 11:59 PM PST. Congratulations to everyone who joined!

Join The Deal Here

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 06-28-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:01 AM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

Woo hoo.. Congrats Eric.. Good job getting this pulled together...

Now go make my wheels damn it.. 😀
Old 06-29-2018, 12:36 AM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jscott82

As the deal comes to a close this evening, the APEX staff will continue to stay in touch with all participants in regards to the products arrival. We are very eager to get these wheels mounted up to some P cars, and put through their paces at the track where they belong.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:18 AM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82

What he said! Good work pulling together 70+ Porsche owners to agree on something. Hoping to use mine at Barber in November.

Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy