Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 666 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by gman3280
Ryan, we are about a month out, how is the delivery schedule looking?
Thanks for checking in gman. We had our weekly staff meeting this morning and I am happy to report that the Cayman and Boxster wheels are coming through the production line as planned. We are still on track for a September shipment, and I will continue to keep everyone in the loop.

Please let us know if you have any questions in the interim.

- Ryan

Website - Blog - Instagram - Porsche Fitment Guides

Old 08-09-2018, 07:32 PM
euge
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

So, i got an email from Apex that wheels will be shipped mid September to late October. But how is this possible? It says here ships from supplier Aug 15th? In addition, check the prices advertised on the GroupBuy...

So, it looks like "Free shipping" is the only benefit here.
Disclaimer: i am participating in the Group Buy with deposit already taken by the supplier.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by euge
So, i got an email from Apex that wheels will be shipped mid September to late October. But how is this possible? It says here ships from supplier Aug 15th? In addition, check the prices advertised on the GroupBuy...

So, it looks like "Free shipping" is the only benefit here.
Disclaimer: i am participating in the Group Buy with deposit already taken by the supplier.
We apologize for any confusion, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

My forum posts here on RL, as well as emails coming from our APEX staff are accurate. We have contacted our partners ECS Tuning in effort to get their dates revised. They were likely working off of old information that we supplied them prior to the actual Group Buy.

In terms of pricing, their simply listing the product at MSRP, and have yet to update the respective product pages with the pre-sale price of 10% off + Free Shipping (which is the pricing currently available on our APEX site). I'll be in contact with them in that regards as well.

- Ryan
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 AM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

The update on gangup says late September as the earliest ship date now, but mine on Gangup still says September 5 ship date. I was one of the earlier pledges. Are they all delayed until at least late Sep. now? It matters for scheduling track events. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by PorscheAddict
The update on gangup says late September as the earliest ship date now, but mine on Gangup still says September 5 ship date. I was one of the earlier pledges. Are they all delayed until at least late Sep. now? It matters for scheduling track events. Thanks.
Thank you for providing us with this information, it helped us uncover the root of this miscommunication, and leads to the update going out to all of the Group Buy participants today (listed below). The GangUp site is tremendously effective for the organization and success of Group Buy's within communities, however they are still ironing out small details to improve the customer experience.

"We have another important update. A few Group Buy participants over the last couple weeks have mentioned setting eye's on a September 5th "ships by" date, and our team could not figure out where this date was communicated. After more research, we discovered the GangUp team was required to set a specific date in the backend of their system and for whatever reason September 5th was input into the field. This inaccurate date was displayed when participants logged into their GangUp account.

There are always obstacles to navigate around during the production of any new product, and for this reason we keep our customer facing "ships by date" conservative by a couple of weeks to keep a buffer. This Group Buy officially had a "ship's by date" set to the entire month of September to give us a +/- 2 week buffer from the middle of the month. That date was/is clearly listed on the main deal page under “Group Buy Milestones”.

We understand many of you are scheduling or have scheduled track events, and sincerely apologize for the oversight. We are working with the GangUp staff to ensure all displayed dates from all vantage points are in alignment for future deals. If you have any questions or issues please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to make things right."

- APEX Team

Last edited by Apex Wheels; 08-11-2018 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:01 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Ryan, this update is from about 3 weeks ago. Can you fine tune the ship date at all? Fall is DE season!
Old 09-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gman3280
Ryan, this update is from about 3 weeks ago. Can you fine tune the ship date at all? Fall is DE season!
Certainly gman. After meeting with my production Manager this morning, there are just some small tweaks to some of the front wheel fitment dates which I have noted in blue.

Front Wheel Fitments:
18x8.5" ET50 - All finishes in alignment with last update, end of September
18x8.5" ET42
  • Satin Black - In alignment with last update, end of September
  • Anthracite & Race Silver - Pushed to October 10th
18x9" ET46
  • Anthracite - Most in alignment with last update (end of September), 10 units pushed to October 10th
  • Race Silver & Satin Black - Pushed to October 10th
Rear Wheel Fitments:
18x10" ET36 - All finishes in alignment with last update, end of September
18x11" ET60 - All finishes in alignment with last update, end of September
18x11" ET36 - All finishes in alignment with last update, October 10th
18x12" ET65 - All finishes in alignment with last update, end of September
18x12" ET45 - All finishes in alignment with last update, October 10th

- Ryan
Old 06-21-2020, 08:14 PM
NAMR6MT
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

Any plans on another group buy?
Old 06-22-2020, 06:36 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NAMR6MT
Any plans on another group buy?
Thank you for your interest. We do not have a community Group Buy planned at the moment, but a few of our 18" SM-10 Porsche wheels have major discounts applied right now - LINK

- Ryan
Old 06-22-2020, 08:54 PM
NAMR6MT
Racer

Originally Posted by APEXRaceParts
Thank you for your interest. We do not have a community Group Buy planned at the moment, but a few of our 18" SM-10 Porsche wheels have major discounts applied right now - LINK

- Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Great prices on front wheels for the 987. Any idea on how long this sale will continue?

I participated in a group buy on BP back in '17 and got a set of Apex winter wheels/tires for the M2. I'm certainty going with the SM -10 when the time comes to upgrade and will give you a buzz when the time comes.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:46 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks Ryan. Great prices on front wheels for the 987. Any idea on how long this sale will continue?

I participated in a group buy on BP back in '17 and got a set of Apex winter wheels/tires for the M2. I'm certainty going with the SM -10 when the time comes to upgrade and will give you a buzz when the time comes.
Very cool. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you again. The sale pricing is live as long as inventory permits, but we understand the timing has to work for you so just reach out when you're ready to make the upgrade.

- Ryan
Old 06-25-2020, 04:37 PM
NAMR6MT
Racer

Very cool. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you again. The sale pricing is live as long as inventory permits, but we understand the timing has to work for you so just reach out when you're ready to make the upgrade.

- Ryan
Which offset would be applicable, 42 or 50 for the 8.5"? I'm running stock brakes with 7mm spacers up front.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:59 PM
Apex Wheels
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Which offset would be applicable, 42 or 50 for the 8.5"? I'm running stock brakes with 7mm spacers up front.
Both 18x8.5" ET42 and 18x8.5" ET50 work very well on the front of a 987 Cayman/Boxster. The ET50 is a slightly more conservative fitment, while the ET42 sits 8mm closer to the fender edge. Both result in a better stance (more flush fitment) over the stock wheel specifications.

The 18x8.5" ET50 is currently overstocked, so we're they are currently 40% off (while inventory lasts)!

- Ryan
Old 06-30-2020, 01:52 PM
panerainovice
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both 18x8.5" ET42 and 18x8.5" ET50 work very well on the front of a 987 Cayman/Boxster. The ET50 is a slightly more conservative fitment, while the ET42 sits 8mm closer to the fender edge. Both result in a better stance (more flush fitment) over the stock wheel specifications.

The 18x8.5" ET50 is currently overstocked, so we're they are currently 40% off (while inventory lasts)!

- Ryan
Do you have photos of ET42 vs ET50?
Old 06-30-2020, 04:29 PM
AP3X_FTW
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice.

Quick Reply: ► APEX | 18” Porsche Wheel Pre-Order Group Buy