Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.2 Boxster Purchase Advice

Old 04-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Cam07
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 987.2 Boxster Purchase Advice

This is my first post to the forum. Glad to be here! I’m looking to purchase my first Porsche and have always been a fan of the Boxster’s. I’ve been looking around on the internet for a 987.2 S as these year models generally fall within the price range I’m targeting ($34k max).

I’ve considered a base model 981, but have decided the previous generation S model would be more fun. Through my research I’m starting to notice that the ‘09 models don’t vary in price that much from say a ‘12. Mileage seems to be the bigger factor.

I’ve found an ‘09 online that appears to be in good shape w/ 40k miles, but I’m a little apprehensive to buy a car that old for daily driving. Especially since I’m selling my ‘14 Sierra truck to purchase the car.

Would you recommend that I have a little more patience and hold out for say an ‘11 or ‘12? Or would the car being an ‘09 not cause any concern? Obviously it comes down to personal choice, I’m just wondering if it would be more prone to maintence needs due to the older age (though a ‘12 isn’t exactly what I’d call new). I’m finding that there doesn’t seem to be an abundance of 987.2’s out there w/ a PDK.

Recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

My advice would be to choose one based upon overall condition, maintenance history and a thorough PPI.

Porsche didn’t make many changes to the 987.2 from 09 to 12 so you’re not really gaining anything other than it being newer. How the car was treated is far more important than age, I’ve seen 2015 911’s that look beat to hell and I’ve seen 986’s that still look as new.

In general not many Porsches were sold between 2008 and 2011 primarily because of the recession. PDK cars are also more likely to be daily drivers since they can comfortably handle stop and go traffic which means a larger portion will have higher miles.

Good luck with your search.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 987.2 Boxster Purchase Advice