Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder Photoshop Help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

I dunno.

I love the look of your stockers.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I agree. I love the P107s and I'd prefer them over stock on most cars, but I think the stock Spyder wheels just look perfect on this car. Gonna stick with them.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:45 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I figured out the biggest problem with the Spyder.....there is really not much I would want to change! It’s perfect as designed from the factory.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:48 AM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Except gearing and lack of hydraulic steering! But, since they are the current reality of all modern Porsche road cars, it's moot. So, yes, a Spyder is hard to beat as a package. And, as a personal preference, I do like the stock wheels better. They look just right. They match well with your exterior color.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:39 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. They look great! I personally like putting different wheels on my cars in order to separate myself from the rest. The only caveat being they must be as strong, if not stronger, and preferably lighter than the oem wheels.

I have these ( yet to install on my Spyder ) and they are by far some of both the lightest and strongest wheels on the market. Not to mention ( maybe being biased ) an absolutely gorgeous wheel at that!

These photos are from a current members car posted recently.

My Spyder is also GT Silver and wheels are same finish as these. I was worried when I purchased them that there might not be enough contrast, but I think they look great!
Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

^^Those wheels look incredible. I love the form following function with the openings in the spokes to shed weight and an I-Beam design to add strength while minimizing additional material.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:11 PM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the wheels on the silver car are my favorite design. If I upgraded my Spyder wheels it would be those. Are those BBS wheels? I think HRE has something extremely similar to that.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:02 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
I think the wheels on the silver car are my favorite design. If I upgraded my Spyder wheels it would be those. Are those BBS wheels? I think HRE has something extremely similar to that.
Yes, those are the BBS FI-R's. HRE has the R101 Lightweights (I included pictures of both below).

The BBS wheels will be more affordable because they are pre-built and come in only 2 finishes. The HRE's are more lightweight and you can choose any finish and any offset so that you don't have to run spacers like some are forced to do with the BBS. Both are superb wheels for slightly different clients.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 04-09-2018, 01:17 PM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Yes, those are the BBS FI-R's. HRE has the R101 Lightweights (I included pictures of both below).

The BBS wheels will be more affordable because they are pre-built and come in only 2 finishes. The HRE's are more lightweight and you can choose any finish and any offset so that you don't have to run spacers like some are forced to do with the BBS. Both are superb wheels for slightly different clients.

Thanks for the info! I love how the stock Spyder wheels look but I think it's begging for something a bit more beautiful I am now off to research wheels. Damn this forum will ruin me financially!
Old 04-09-2018, 02:34 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
Thanks for the info! I love how the stock Spyder wheels look but I think it's begging for something a bit more beautiful I am now off to research wheels. Damn this forum will ruin me financially!
Hahaha. This forum can certainly get you into trouble sometimes but it can also help you make changes to your car that will evoke new and incredible feelings about what you're driving and it's difficult to put a value on that.

If you have any further questions feel free to email me directly. I would love to become your go-to guy for anything you need - David@WheelsBoutique.com

Quick Reply: Spyder Photoshop Help?