Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987 Spyder folding bucket seat protectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 12:16 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Only1Buck
Great tag line for condoms too ... The EdGuard.... "Protection without detection !!
LOL My buddy Tom said the exact same thing, when I told him of that Line !! Are you guys talking
Originally Posted by Marine Blue

Actually I think the pricing for your protectors is very fair when you consider material and labor costs. I haven’t pulled the trigger primarily because my funds have been focused on the recently purchased Targa and seat protectors aren’t a priority yet. I will eventually pick up a set though, once I finish the Targa restoration.

By the way, I’m pretty careful getting in/out of the seats and I have learned a technique which really doesn’t cause contact with the bolster on the drive side as can be seen in the close up picture below. It’s the passenger seat I’m worried about.

I agree its the passenger seat that worries me too ... I have the 918 seats and they are even harder to get in and out of...
Best of luck with the Targa .
Best regards
Ed
Old 04-14-2019, 12:07 PM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

Actually I think the pricing for your protectors is very fair when you consider material and labor costs. I haven’t pulled the trigger primarily because my funds have been focused on the recently purchased Targa and seat protectors aren’t a priority yet. I will eventually pick up a set though, once I finish the Targa restoration.

By the way, I’m pretty careful getting in/out of the seats and I have learned a technique which really doesn’t cause contact with the bolster on the drive side as can be seen in the close up picture below. It’s the passenger seat I’m worried about.

hey @Marine Blue — would love to understand your technique for getting in and out of these seats, especially if it helps me look more graceful.....thanks!
Old 04-14-2019, 02:14 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,608 Likes on 885 Posts

Another option is just replacing the bolsters with factory OEM ones... they aren’t too expensive! Plus they are the real deal!
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU997GT2OB.html
Old 04-14-2019, 02:20 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by whojoemama
hey @Marine Blue — would love to understand your technique for getting in and out of these seats, especially if it helps me look more graceful.....thanks!
When getting into the car I start by placing my right leg into the footwell, gently grabbing the steering wheel for balance and leaning over. When leaning over I place my left palm on the door sill and I use my left arm to spring myself into the seat. It sounds awkward when you describe it but once you try it and get the hang of it you literally can quickly drop yourself into the seat very easily. I find the newer style buckets even easier as they’re a bit wider than the GT2 buckets.

Quick Reply: 987 Spyder folding bucket seat protectors