Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready For Spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Default Ready For Spring

Hopefully the cold spell is close to being over, and spring can’t come soon enough. This spring with be Spyder and Spider. This is the first spring since 2013 I will not have a 911 variant in the garage, but I couldn’t let go of the Spyder. Have fun and be safe this spring ............
Old 03-25-2018, 07:46 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Great stable. I noticed you shuffled the cars around in the pics...which vehicles do you currently have (and the golf cart is sweet too...my neighbor just got a custom one and I have envy). I'd love to hear how the Spider compares to the 981 Spyder.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:15 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by vbb
Great stable. I noticed you shuffled the cars around in the pics...which vehicles do you currently have (and the golf cart is sweet too...my neighbor just got a custom one and I have envy). I'd love to hear how the Spider compares to the 981 Spyder.
actually sold the RS for the Spider, and there’s a M4 vert next to the golf cart. All 3 cars are different, and I would never compare Ferrari to the Porsche Spyder two very different cars ......Ferrari high revving V8 to 9k RPM with with gobs of torque, but easy to drive fast or slow. The Spyder is a good all around car very light, and it’s a fun manual. The Ferrari was always a bucket list car, and to me it’s special because it’s the last V8 non-turbo Ferrari. I’m not really keen on the turbo feel, and I’m getting rid-of the M4 for that reason this summer. I told myself this time I have two cars that I love to drive and there’re keepers for now. Here’s the full garage.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:53 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Fantastic set up. What is your daily commuter (assuming you have to drive to work or the store or whatever)? I'd ditch the M4 for a Cayenne GTS. Well that's my plan anyway... I daily a Jeep Wrangler which is tons of fun considering I live at the beach, but I've been eyeing a Cayenne GTS as a possible replacement one day.

Your sports cars are just beautiful. I could see parting with the RS if I had two Spi(y)ders!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by vbb
Fantastic set up. What is your daily commuter (assuming you have to drive to work or the store or whatever)? I'd ditch the M4 for a Cayenne GTS. Well that's my plan anyway... I daily a Jeep Wrangler which is tons of fun considering I live at the beach, but I've been eyeing a Cayenne GTS as a possible replacement one day.

Your sports cars are just beautiful. I could see parting with the RS if I had two Spi(y)ders!
Thanks man ............M4 will get ditched for a Merc GLE coup AMG 4.3 for the wife, and I will drive the comfy Escalade. I actually walk to work in NYC so I really drive for fun on weekends. I think I really found the two cars I love to drive.

Quick Reply: Ready For Spring