Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 exhaust mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Audioi
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 981 exhaust mounts

So I’m looking under the car and it appears that other than the manifolds the only other mount for the exhaust is the cradle just in front of the mufflers? Seems pretty minimal but it must work.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:37 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Audioi
So I’m looking under the car and it appears that other than the manifolds the only other mount for the exhaust is the cradle just in front of the mufflers? Seems pretty minimal but it must work.
Yep, that mount just in front of the mufflers is supported by the aft end of the transmission. The exhaust system moves with the engine and gearbox, all together as a unit. The engine is only support in one place at the very front in the middle and the gearbox is only support in two places, one on each side.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:39 PM
storii
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Audioi
Thinking about an exhaust mod? If so, I'm on the same boat. Still can't decide between the OEM PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) and an aftermarket option, though. The PSE seems to be the only drone-less option out there but the high installation cost (I was quoted $1,300 by my local dealer) is a huge put-off.

Quick Reply: 981 exhaust mounts