Considering CaymanS purchase - body damage - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
987 - 981 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering CaymanS purchase - body damage

Old 03-10-2018, 08:26 PM
mikeleuz
New User

Default Considering CaymanS purchase - body damage

2014 Cayman S, PDK, Sport Chrono, 29k miles. Dealer asking $49k. I'm 300 miles away, so had a buddy check it out in person. Car looked great all except for rear bumper.

Looks like a poorly patched up spot to the left of the picture. But I'm more concerned with the the waviness between that touched up spot and the little pimple spot to the right.

Buddy said looks fine from 10 feet away, but certainly noticeable from 5-6 feet. If dealer is willing to negotiate, I could forgive the area from a cosmetic perspective, but any thoughts on how this area might wear longer term?

Old 03-11-2018, 01:42 PM
DBH
User

Is this a Porsche dealer? Is the car CPO? If not, I'd ask if they'd do it. If not a Porsche dealer, I'd recommend a PPI by an Porsche savvy tech. There's always the possibility of hidden damage. All things being okay, the price is in the ballpark but you should be able to negotiate better.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:30 PM
mikeleuz
New User

Not a Porsche dealer. Yeah, PPI is a good idea - on the fence whether to invest in a PPI or just let the car go.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:56 PM
vbb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Without seeing the build sheet, it seems like just an OK price for the year and mileage. That's without the body damage/repaint. So if you are having second thoughts already, maybe just let it go (unless they are flexible on the price).
Old 03-11-2018, 06:11 PM
981.CS
Addict
Rennlist Member

$49k is high price for a '14 with that many miles and damage. That waviness could indicate some of sort damage under the bumper. I'd walk away, there are a lot of Cayman S options out there for $50k, you don't have to settle for something that seems off and priced that high.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:19 PM
mikeleuz
New User

Thanks folks - appreciate the replies!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering CaymanS purchase - body damage

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: