Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Entry and Drive retrofittable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:59 AM
abstruse1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Entry and Drive retrofittable?

I just took delivery of an '18 718S Boxster. Apparently it doesn't have the Entry and Drive feature, to my disappointment.

My past several cars have had this feature -- Miata, Jag, Caddy -- and it seems odd that this high end car doesn't come standard with this feature.

Does anyone know if this feature can be retrofitted?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Krampus
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typically that's how they make their money by making you option things that you would think should be standard. I have quite a number of things that came standard on my 2015 GTI Autobahn that did not come on my 2015 Boxster S. As far as the retrofit its really hard to say. If it is possible to retrofit the factory entry and drive features I am quite sure the cost would be astronomical. But I have yet to see a thread or post where someone has done a retrofit on the entry and drive.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:28 AM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Every discussion I've seen of retrofitting E&D has concluded that it would be cost prohibitive. You would have to change out a ton of parts and add the sensors/receivers to make it work, and it would likely require dealer programming as well. I can't remember if the 718 has it, but most cars with E&D have different door handles and stuff with sensors you can touch to open/lock. It would likely be possible but cost thousands for a relatively insignificant mod.

Quick Reply: Porsche Entry and Drive retrofittable?