Old 03-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Pep!RRRR
User

Winner!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Hoodoo
User

Originally Posted by Mrg02D View Post
The dealer took my offer after some hesitation, which was $4k lower than their price.
I made an offer on a similar car last summer listed by a local Porsche dealer. I had the audacity to offer book value (averaged across multiple sources) & the dealership told me to hit the bricks.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Mrg02D
User

Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
I made an offer on a similar car last summer listed by a local Porsche dealer. I had the audacity to offer book value (averaged across multiple sources) & the dealership told me to hit the bricks.
Some are like that. I had a dealer sticking to $2k more than our sources suggested, so I walked. He couldnít believe it either, nor I couldnít either! The car had been sitting for months and I really felt it was a fair offer. I even asked him to give me the KBB trade in value on my other car to make up the difference, and still nope. Dealer said he would rather take his chances at an auction.

WE control how these deals go, not them. While there isnít a million of them to choose from, there will be another with another dealer.

Old 03-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Fitzpat49
User

This appears to be a really nice car that was obviously custom-ordered. I would never add that many non-performance related options--but it's nice to get them at a discount. It's got almost all the really important options (even 20's that cost a fortune to add later) except for PSE, which, I think, if you don't have you will regret or end up adding yourself (or other aftermarket exhaust) for $$$. If this is a CPO, offer $50,000, which would be a good buy, and ask for the dealer to install at no charge the PSE that you will supply (available for approx $2150). If it isn't CPO, there must be a reason why--so walk away.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Smitten
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zlyback View Post
Are 2014 Boxsters pretty reliable?
If reliability is important, you should avoid that Audi.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:40 PM
fast1
Super User

Originally Posted by Mrg02D View Post

I told the dealer that what they thought the value was or what they had into it was irrelevant to me. I offered them the KBB value for the car and told them that that is all I have access to. I pointed out that I donít get access to the same data they get access to, so my offer must be based on what data I can get ahold of. KBB, Car Gurus, and Nada all put the car at my asking price.

The dealer took my offer after some hesitation, which was $4k lower than their price.
Congratulations and good negotiating.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Phil G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zlyback View Post
Cool, I have issue haggling and/or walking away. It's not a must have car and we can just go across the street and put in an order for a new Audi RS3 and wait for a custom option car
How important is PDK to you?
Old 04-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Kitc2246
User

Did you get the car? I think the 2013 - 2016 Boxster/Cayman S are the best Porsche's for the money. Go on the Porsche.com/usa site and use the Pre-owned search. Select the 981, S, and PDK transmission to all. The Advanced search lets you select specific options.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good deal on 2014 Boxster S?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: