Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

718: PASM Springs on non-PASM car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 12:31 AM
GTS Daddy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 718: PASM Springs on non-PASM car?

Hey there,

Not too satisfied with the overall ride height of the 718C w/o PASM. Just about every aftermarket spring out there lowers the car approx 30mm. For my daily driver here in CO, that's too much. I'm in the market for a 10mm drop where a slight increase in stability at speed that a stiffer spring would offer would also be welcome. Has anyone installed PASM springs on a non-PASM 718? It sounds like a good idea in theory.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:52 AM
GTS Daddy
Intermediate

BUMP cause I'm looking for answers in all the wrong places looking for answers...
Old 03-01-2018, 11:17 AM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

You're probably not going to find anyone who went through the effort and expense of changing out springs just for a 10mm drop and slight change in spring rate, IMO. It would probably be fine, but would be a decent chunk of change for minimal gain. The 981 shocks can handle 20+mm lower and stiffer springs just fine, so I'm sure the 718 version can as well. You're very unlikely to notice increased stability just through a slight stiffness increase and slight drop.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

I understand the not wanting to lower the car much if it's a daily driver in our area. And most aftermarket solutions are going to lower the car more than you want as stated above.

I would look at sway bars (have no ideal whats available) or get 2 sets of wheels/tires, one summer with RE-71 or similar and one with all season/winter tires.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:49 AM
Pandaa
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We should all meet up
Old 03-02-2018, 12:57 AM
GTS Daddy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PorscheAddict
You're probably not going to find anyone who went through the effort and expense of changing out springs just for a 10mm drop and slight change in spring rate, IMO. It would probably be fine, but would be a decent chunk of change for minimal gain. The 981 shocks can handle 20+mm lower and stiffer springs just fine, so I'm sure the 718 version can as well. You're very unlikely to notice increased stability just through a slight stiffness increase and slight drop.
I appreciate your feedback. Since I sell Porsches at a Porsche store, I get solid rates on parts and labor. I'm willing to spend a bit of money within reason.

Quick Reply: 718: PASM Springs on non-PASM car?