Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P3104 Error code help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 12:48 AM
dovecom
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default P3104 Error code help

I recently installed catless headers (NHP) on my 2009 Boxster 2.9L - BTW, install is a bitch! I used a pair of O2 sensor extenders plus mini-cats to avoid dreaded CEL. I also recently replaced the air filter with one with a venturi adapter and cone filter. I have some other fault codes right now related to replacing the steering wheel with a vintage style wooden one (PSM failure, airbag and steering sensor failure) but I'll deal with those later.
The engine code I'm getting is P3104. Durametric says this is "Warm up catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 2. Value below lower limit value."

But searching the inter webs all I found was "Intake manifold Air Control Solenoid" but I couldn't even find a Porsche part with that name so I have doubts.

Any takers? Seeking wisdom.

BTW, It seems like virtually no one has these 987.2 cars because I almost never see posts about them. Or even 987. It's all 986 or 981-718. So finding help and info is a challenge. I can't even get a straight answer about the cats. All 4 in headers or just 2? etc. Once I sort this out I have some pics of recent mods that I hope some will find useful that I'll share, like custom Lithium battery and base, Air baffle delete and custom metal mesh grill, black calipers with yellow logos, wooden steering wheel with custom horn, custom wooden shift ****, body color int. door handles and air intake grills, shagadelic sheepskin seat covers, full rennline pedal setup, these damned headers and some little electronic bibs and bobs and some interesting graphics.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: P3104 Error code help