Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lane change assist and PPF compatibility

Old 02-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Amiroquai
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lane change assist and PPF compatibility

I remember reading a thread where a 718 owner was experiencing issues with the LCA sensors not working with PPF (Xpel). This was in the rear wheel area and the car was throwing off an error message along the lines of having to clean the bumper in order for the LCA system to work again.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Would be nice to know before I decide on the coverage of PPF for my upcoming 718.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:50 AM
Krampus
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh, I haven't seen this. But as technology is always changing its hard to say if some design change may have caused this. Here is a video I watched when researching this for my own cars. I have a full wrap on my GTI which is also posted on his channel. I have never had an issue at all. Other than the standard false alarms due to things blowing in front of or behind the car.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Amiroquai
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.718forum.com/forum/718-boxster-cayman-issues-problems/10121-ppf-affecting-lane-change-assist.html#/topics/10121

Found the original thread.

Seems like most of the responses negate the compatibility issue. However, I'm a little surprised that the car is calling for a clean up of bumper so that the sensors can work properly. I wouldn't think some dirt or anything like a sticker/film affected the radar...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lane change assist and PPF compatibility