Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She’s Gone...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 03:52 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 256 Posts
Default She’s Gone...

Insert Hall and Oates lyrics here...

Well, not actually gone, but on the way out. I received a fair (unsolicited) offer on my Spyder from an out-of-state buyer and we easily worked out the details. His money is in my bank and title to the car is in hands. The car is in my garage and scheduled to be picked up early next week. I’ll leave it to the buyer if/when he wants to identify himself and chime in.

For sure it’s a car that will be on the “why did I ever sell that one” list but, so many cars, so little time. Time for a new toy.

This has been a fun forum - much more than some of the others that get bogged down in petty internet crap. I’ll be watching to see who gets the first 718 Spyder.

DaveGee
Old 02-09-2018, 03:55 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee

Insert Hall and Oates lyrics here...

Well, not actually gone, but on the way out. I received a fair (unsolicited) offer on my Spyder from an out-of-state buyer and we easily worked out the details. His money is in my bank and title to the car is in hands. The car is in my garage and scheduled to be picked up early next week. I’ll leave it to the buyer if/when he wants to identify himself and chime in.

For sure it’s a car that will be on the “why did I ever sell that one” list but, so many cars, so little time. Time for a new toy.

This has been a fun forum - much more than some of the others that get bogged down in petty internet crap. I’ll be watching to see who gets the first 718 Spyder.

DaveGee
What's under there? Deets please.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:15 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 256 Posts

That’s the outgoing Spyder. 2011, MT, Arctic Silver, 8300 miles.

DaveGee
Old 02-09-2018, 04:18 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
That’s the outgoing Spyder. 2011, MT, Arctic Silver, 8300 miles.

DaveGee
Dang. I've read a few of your posts over the past several months. Can I have my wife call your wife?
Old 02-09-2018, 10:31 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Dave congrats on selling the Spyder! I am certain the new Targa will be just as spectacular in different ways and I can't wait to see it in person!

I do hope the new owner chimes in once he/she gets the car.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Dave, as set forth in Article 9, Section 6, Subsection 4 (f) of the So Cal Spyder Club charter, you have lifelong membership privileges as one of the original card-carrying members, and thus an open invitation to all future So Cal Spyder drives. Now whether you'll be able to keep up or not in that Targa, well . . . that remains to be seen.

Can't wait to see that new beauty when she arrives. Congrats and best wishes to the new owner of your Spyder, who made a very savvy purchase.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Hah. I just went under contract on a house in Monterey with one garage and I have a GT3 on the way, which means either the Spyder goes or I get a storage spot and rotate cars. I don't ever want to sell the Spyder so I'm looking for storage, but I hate owning a car that I can't just walk out to the garage and drive. But I just can't see selling the Spyder unless something catastrophic happened and I really needed the money for the family.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:29 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You can't sell it - you just got it (again). I'm having a similar issue with a GT3 in bound. Either I sell the 67 Mustang or raise the roof and buy a lift.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:42 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I'm not selling it. Nope.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:17 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 72 Posts

I would say make the garage bigger....and a second stall, take the ceiling up and do a 4 post lift to park two in one spot....but it being Monterey, that may be a challenge. First world problems and all. Good luck and cheers.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 PM
crossroads
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey all, that would be me who bought Dave's Spyder! On paper, I own it and now I'm just waiting for delivery. Dave's been great throughout the whole process as you can imagine. And I hope to be as meticulous with the records as he has been.

I have a 987.2 Boxster S which I love but the Spyder siren song was too strong. Could...not...resist... I had been casually following the 987 Spyder market since last summer and almost bought a local one except it had no A/C. I wanted silver and when Dave mentioned he may be selling his I contacted him. I wasn't in a huge rush since its the middle of winter here in Chicagoland but his car checked all the right boxes. A few phone calls, emails, and texts later and I wired him the funds.

I'm excited to be part of the Spyder community. You guys seem very passionate about your cars. I'll be sure to post up some pics when it gets here.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Crossroads congrats on the Spyder! You definitely picked a nice one, I’ve seen it in person a few times now and it’s stunning. Sad to see it leave the area but glad it’s going to a good home and we’ll see it through pictures. You have some great roads in your area to enjoy the Spyder.

Are you keeping the Boxster S or will you sell it once the Spyder arrives?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:50 PM
crossroads
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Afshin. I'm really looking forward to it.

I plan to sell the Boxster S. Right now its just hibernating in storage.

-Bob
Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crossroads
Hey all, that would be me who bought Dave's Spyder! On paper, I own it and now I'm just waiting for delivery. Dave's been great throughout the whole process as you can imagine. And I hope to be as meticulous with the records as he has been.

I have a 987.2 Boxster S which I love but the Spyder siren song was too strong. Could...not...resist... I had been casually following the 987 Spyder market since last summer and almost bought a local one except it had no A/C. I wanted silver and when Dave mentioned he may be selling his I contacted him. I wasn't in a huge rush since its the middle of winter here in Chicagoland but his car checked all the right boxes. A few phone calls, emails, and texts later and I wired him the funds.

I'm excited to be part of the Spyder community. You guys seem very passionate about your cars. I'll be sure to post up some pics when it gets here.
Congrats on finally finding the right one! I think mine was the AC delete car you passed on
Old 02-10-2018, 05:52 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats to you both. Excellent car. BTW OP I would love to see your new Targa next time so don't be a stranger

Quick Reply: She’s Gone...