Sponsored by: APR

Retrofit USB on GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 06:46 PM
sphynxdude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit USB on GT4?

As the title says, is it feasible to retrofit the USBport on a GT4 without the CDR+ audio?

I am in the process of searching for a GT4 and as lame as it sounds, I would like a digital connection for my music. I know people have used a Bluetooth streaming option as well as the 3.5mm jack for headset to line in, but I also want the ability for the PCM to control tracks, playlists, etc AND keep my 128gb iPod safely stored in the glovebox.

i have found several GT4s that meet my specific but are missing the USB port.

Any information would be appreciated.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:24 PM
MidEngineRules
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by sphynxdude
As the title says, is it feasible to retrofit the USBport on a GT4 without the CDR+ audio?

I am in the process of searching for a GT4 and as lame as it sounds, I would like a digital connection for my music. I know people have used a Bluetooth streaming option as well as the 3.5mm jack for headset to line in, but I also want the ability for the PCM to control tracks, playlists, etc AND keep my 128gb iPod safely stored in the glovebox.

i have found several GT4s that meet my specific but are missing the USB port.

Any information would be appreciated.
GLWSearch. I assumed the USB was standard as I have one in my 981 Spyder, in the glove box. I use it as my main source of music. I also have the Burmester option in the Spyder.

Quick Reply: Retrofit USB on GT4?