Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you folks going to Porsche Experience this Saturday with PCA-LA?

Old 01-25-2018, 12:06 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 782 Posts
Default Any of you folks going to Porsche Experience this Saturday with PCA-LA?

I missed the deadline to sign up but I'll probably show up anyway and see if I can get in on a lap with a pro. I have never tracked nor have I even sat shotgun on a track so I'm very intrigued.

https://www.facebook.com/events/723519741172262/

Last edited by SpyderSenseOC; 01-25-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:57 PM
4PTZERO
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Tell us how it was, and you've got to track that spyder, it's really where it shines and shows off why mid engine Porsches are so fun to drive. I wish PExp. would allow open track days for Porsche owners driving their own cars, it's kind of idiotic they don't allow it.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:30 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by 981.CS
Tell us how it was, and you've got to track that spyder, it's really where it shines and shows off why mid engine Porsches are so fun to drive. I wish PExp. would allow open track days for Porsche owners driving their own cars, it's kind of idiotic they don't allow it.
I only attended the demo lap portion of the get together as I missed registration for the breakfast and other stuff. Took a lap as shotgun in a GT3 and it was absolutely nuts. As I said, never been on a track in my life and getting to experience a bad *** car pushed nearly to its limits was awesome. Parking lot was full of nice Porsche cars and it was satisfying to be a part of the club. First Porsche for me. Didn't really know what I was missing.

This Spyder gets more attention than all of my previous cars combined, including a couple AMG's and some nice BMW's (if there is such a thing). Love it.

I just can't see driving my car on a track. I'd rather beat on someone else's car. lol
Old 01-27-2018, 06:47 PM
4PTZERO
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

I think you might be able to get a GT4 or Spyder at the PExp. to drive around the track, you still get to feel how awesome it is without having to beat on your own car that way. However, if you do get the "track bug", seat time will become something you'll want and there's only so much you can do with a rented p-car at the experience ultimately. But for a beginner, it's a great deal after looking at the prices and what they offer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any of you folks going to Porsche Experience this Saturday with PCA-LA?