Notices

982 GT4 Spyder?

Old 12-17-2018, 05:32 AM
Yc911Kid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR View Post
Whatever that is, if it is released to the public, will be what replaces my 981 BGTS. I don't care if it is a turbo; that sounds damn good.
wow that sound is hell yeah from a 718! I've tested 718GTS today & they are monstrous performer I'll give u that, pulls harder than my 991 3.8 in a straight noticeably. Not as planted as the big brother but yeah they are under-tired joyful car that wants to slide. Only missing part is the engine sound shall I say. So now you tell me the coming 718 spyder is gonna sound like/better than this yet being a stronger performer than a 718GTS?(and not just by a bit given the 981 case). I don't give a fxxx what engine they'll use(have to be at least a 3.8 X51 to achieve that if it stays NA) Shut up & take my money! Oh not to mention all the small little stuffs that are improved here&there. How sweet is that. Good news for all the 981 spyder chasers too, 981spyder will be even more affordable than this already softened market.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:44 AM
ICNU
User

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid View Post
wow that sound is hell yeah from a 718! I've tested 718GTS today & they are monstrous performer I'll give u that, pulls harder than my 991 3.8 in a straight noticeably. Not as planted as the big brother but yeah they are under-tired joyful car that wants to slide. Only missing part is the engine sound shall I say. So now you tell me the coming 718 spyder is gonna sound like/better than this yet being a stronger performer than a 718GTS?(and not just by a bit given the 981 case). I don't give a fxxx what engine they'll use(have to be at least a 3.8 X51 to achieve that if it stays NA) Shut up & take my money! Oh not to mention all the small little stuffs that are improved here&there. How sweet is that. Good news for all the 981 spyder chasers too, 981spyder will be even more affordable than this already softened market.
I do admit that Boxster sound seems to be much better than the typical 718 however it still sounds like a 4 pot to me. That vid is labeled as one of the rumored Boxster/Cayman T model mules and if true there is no way in hell that they are going to change out the engine to NA simply for the lighter T model. That does not fit with how Porsche handles any other "T" version cars which typically have a few changes to shave 50-70lbs from the cars weight and not much else. I'm not sure where the idea some guys have that the video is possibly a Spyder without humps is coming from?

Last edited by ICNU; 12-17-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:41 PM
Yc911Kid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ICNU View Post
I do admit that Boxster sound seems to be much better than the typical 718 however it still sounds like a 4 pot to me. That vid is labeled as one of the rumored Boxster/Cayman T model mules and if true there is no way in hell that they are going to change out the engine to NA simply for the lighter T model. That does not fit with how Porsche handles any other "T" version cars which typically have a few changes to shave 50-70lbs from the cars weight and not much else. I'm not sure where the idea some guys have that the video is possibly a Spyder without humps is coming from?
I do noticed the no-humps look. So be it a T or spyder mule, this indicates the coming spyder should at least sound like that(as I don't expect they make a spyder sound worse than a T if this is what the mule is) Turbo or NA, 4 or 6, I don't care as long as they sound like/betten than this & out performs the 718GTS by a stretch.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Archimedes
Super User

Still sounds like a fart can to me.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:15 PM
Yc911Kid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Still sounds like a fart can to me.
From the dude living in monterey with a spyder yet rather spend more time bashing new comers than driving his. But I get it, some people do get more fun out of talking & looking instead of driving.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:52 PM
Archimedes
Super User

From the dude living in monterey with a spyder yet rather spend more time bashing new comers than driving his. But I get it, some people do get more fun out of talking & looking instead of driving.
Not bashing anything, just commenting on that it still sounds like a turbo to me. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

And, thanks for speculating, but I'll be driving my Spyder, top down in the sunshine, multiple times this week. Just like I did last week. We're having a gorgeous fall, early winter this year.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Yc911Kid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Not bashing anything, just commenting on that it still sounds like a turbo to me. Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

And, thanks for speculating, but I'll be driving my Spyder, top down in the sunshine, multiple times this week. Just like I did last week. We're having a gorgeous fall, early winter this year.
Followed this thread & have seen enough of negative comments from you, there is that. And yeah you are in a damn lucky position. You got the weather / the road / and given the posts obviously the time. Just drive the hell out of it as last time I saw from the feel ad, poor little guy only got 3 digits mileage.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:31 PM
blacksheepSpyder
User

Why is the steering wheel on the wrong side?
Old 12-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Archimedes
Super User

Followed this thread & have seen enough of negative comments from you, there is that. And yeah you are in a damn lucky position. You got the weather / the road / and given the posts obviously the time. Just drive the hell out of it as last time I saw from the feel ad, poor little guy only got 3 digits mileage.
Yeah, that was a few months after I bought it used with 43 miles on it and had to store it until I had room, but thanks for stalking! The car currently has just over 3,000 miles on it and will likely cross 10,000 by next summer unless we have a rainy winter.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:36 PM
Suicide Jockey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizee View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zoaPG454vkg

The latest mule is sounding good. We might just get a 4.0 NA motor on a Boxster with adequate ground clearance and a regular top for those who prefer its practicality.
The new 718T:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtZskFSTNbM&feature=youtu.be

As anticipated, Porsche did not go NA for this model.

Articles:

https://www.carwow.co.uk/porsche/box...ster-announced

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...man-t-variants

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content...ster-the-718-t
Old 12-18-2018, 07:46 PM
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, a FOURTH 4cyl turbo Boxster model to choose from. What a splendid idea! I’m sure it will fill quite a niche.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:52 PM
unclemat
User

YAWN!!!
Old 12-18-2018, 08:00 PM
il pirata
Rennlist Member

specs

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/prod...nce-16648.html

actually a lot of autocross guys will like this, should be very competitive if it stays in the same class.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:12 PM
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member

“gearshift, on which the gears are emblazoned in red”

Finally, the stuff that purist’s dreams are made of.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:30 PM
il pirata
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by hf1 View Post
“gearshift, on which the gears are emblazoned in red”

Finally, the stuff that purist’s dreams are made of.

actually isn't a manual top what the purist's dream of

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 982 GT4 Spyder?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: