ABS sensor connector - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

ABS sensor connector

Old 01-10-2018, 12:19 PM
PorscheAddict
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default ABS sensor connector

I managed to break the clip on the ABS sensor connector on the left front while doing a pad swap. The sensor is fine, and the connector has held on for a few drives with some zip ties, but I want to make it back to OEM. I can't seem to find the connector in the PET. The sensor is 99160640701, and is fine, but I want to replace the connector that latches on 99160640701. Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 01-10-2018, 08:30 PM
okie981
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheAddict View Post
I managed to break the clip on the ABS sensor connector on the left front while doing a pad swap. The sensor is fine, and the connector has held on for a few drives with some zip ties, but I want to make it back to OEM. I can't seem to find the connector in the PET. The sensor is 99160640701, and is fine, but I want to replace the connector that latches on 99160640701. Does anyone know how to do that?
I'd ask a dealer parts department. I'm betting that clip gets broken during service in the shop and the tech will not replace the entire sensor for just the connector being broken. Connectors can be extremely difficult to find unless there is enough identifying info on it to allow searching the interweb or contacting an electrical supply warehouse that carries automotive/marine (splash proof, water proof) connectors.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:48 AM
PorscheAddict
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks. May have to do that. The only complicating factor is there is no dealer in the city I live in. The little plastic piece in the middle of the connector is all that broke off, so it may even be repairable by someone with more skills than me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: