981 Spyder for $80K in some publication... - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

981 Spyder for $80K in some publication...

Reply

Old 01-05-2018, 12:41 PM
  #16  
tq.3z
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 180
Default

Originally Posted by hf1 View Post
Miss my 987 Boxster S and have been stalking Spyders ever since. Curious to see how the BaT auction ends. Wondering if a base 981 Boxster with sport suspension may not be more fun on backroads as it would allow for more shifts and higher revs at reasonable speeds.
That's exactly where the Spyder is the better car. The regular Boxster/S model is the better everyday car. Not much else to it but that doesn't detract from how good of a car it is. It's just one was literally built with driving pleasure in mind and the incremental changes to achieve that are far greater than the sum of its parts. Call it the "spyder-effect" or what have you.
tq.3z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:39 PM
  #17  
guab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 316
Default

I think that $80,000 example was also literally a no-option car -- so MSRP was $82k and change. These cars can vary wildly in price from options -- $82k to nearly $130k loaded with PTS/PCCB/Burm/Buckets. As such, I wouldn't immediately discount $80,000 list as some crazy cheap example. My MSRP was $96k and I couldn't imagine it optioned less than that... every option on the car made sense to me and has been used in one way or another. Then go look on eBay and see a base car ($82k sticker) that's asking $115k lol.
guab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:54 PM
  #18  
SpyderSenseOC
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
SpyderSenseOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by guab View Post
I think that $80,000 example was also literally a no-option car -
That's why I was curious to go back and look at the ad. My recollection of it was that the car was NOT lightly optioned but I didn't really spend much time looking at the ad so I could be wrong. I hope it was an $82K car.
SpyderSenseOC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:07 PM
  #19  
guab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC View Post
That's why I was curious to go back and look at the ad. My recollection of it was that the car was NOT lightly optioned but I didn't really spend much time looking at the ad so I could be wrong. I hope it was an $82K car.
It's not a certainty. The ad doesn't mention VIN or original MSRP. That being said, it also does not list any options, advertises that it's the lowest priced example, and I have to assume that people don't intentionally leave money on the table. I tried to find the VIN but couldn't.

Either way... a guess.
guab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:00 PM
  #20  
Kg11
User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 121
Default

Originally Posted by guab View Post
It's not a certainty. The ad doesn't mention VIN or original MSRP. That being said, it also does not list any options, advertises that it's the lowest priced example, and I have to assume that people don't intentionally leave money on the table. I tried to find the VIN but couldn't.

Either way... a guess.
Who knows. Not everyone knows what their car is worth, nor cares. Someone sold a 2010 manual 911 C4s with 44,000 miles here a couple of months ago on CL for $41,000. Car was super clean, it was just an older guy who wanted it gone. He easily left $10k on the table, probably a bit more.
Kg11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:24 PM
  #21  
guab
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 316
Default

Originally Posted by Kg11 View Post
Who knows. Not everyone knows what their car is worth, nor cares. Someone sold a 2010 manual 911 C4s with 44,000 miles here a couple of months ago on CL for $41,000. Car was super clean, it was just an older guy who wanted it gone. He easily left $10k on the table, probably a bit more.
Yep, there's always exceptions to everything.
guab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:40 AM
  #22  
pitt911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 628
Default

My 981 spyder with 3600 miles was sold for 9k above sticker at a porsche dealer just couple of days ago. So their prices are holding well
i traded the car to try something else till the 718 spyder
pitt911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:11 PM
  #23  
SpyderSenseOC
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
SpyderSenseOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 304
Default

Something worth posting for anyone in the market...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=BOXSTE
SpyderSenseOC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:41 PM
  #24  
Keadog
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Keadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,920
Default

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC View Post
Something worth posting for anyone in the market...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=BOXSTE
A Buick dealer??? That must have been an interesting trade.
Keadog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM
  #25  
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,897
Default

must have been for a Denali ...
Only1Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 PM
  #26  
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,897
Default

The Buick dealer has a 2015 Cayman and a 2014 Cayenne in addition to the Spyder ...
Only1Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:49 PM
  #27  
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,897
Default

Spyder at Buick dealer stickered at $95, 495 with yellow door straps, 2 way Sport Seats, PCCBs, stitching in Yellow, Seat Belts in Yellow, seat heating , light design package, wind deflector, manual AC, leather steering and shift ****, PDLS, CDR with BOSE,
mobile phone prep, extended fuel tank and hood crest (source of info the Spyder database)
Only1Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:54 PM
  #28  
SpyderSenseOC
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
SpyderSenseOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by Only1Buck View Post
Spyder at Buick dealer stickered at $95, 495 with yellow door straps, 2 way Sport Seats, PCCBs, stitching in Yellow, Seat Belts in Yellow, seat heating , light design package, wind deflector, manual AC, leather steering and shift ****, PDLS, CDR with BOSE,
mobile phone prep, extended fuel tank and hood crest (source of info the Spyder database)
Where can I find this "Spyder database?"
SpyderSenseOC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:03 PM
  #29  
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,897
Default

it is on this forum but this link might also do the trick ... ... https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...tUrl&app=Excel


with thanks to s2ktaxi ... https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...-database.html

Last edited by Only1Buck; 01-08-2018 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add Rennlist link
Only1Buck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:54 PM
  #30  
SpyderSenseOC
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
SpyderSenseOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 304
Default

Originally Posted by Only1Buck View Post
it is on this forum but this link might also do the trick ... ... https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...tUrl&app=Excel


with thanks to s2ktaxi ... https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...-database.html
How cool is that? lol. I am jealous of the vast majority of the Spyder owners with a rear view camera! That is just absolutely a must have option. Backing this car is is a leap of faith!
SpyderSenseOC is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: