Sponsored by:

Just ordered 2018 718 Cayman..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 11:27 PM
iiAtlas
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lajoiedp
CT requires a front license plate as well. So when you purchase a new 718, it doesn't come with a front license plate holder or pre-drilled holes to put one on? Please don't take offense, but I really don't care for the off-center mounting of the license plate. If forced to do it myself I would have to drill holes.
Hah, no offense RE the off center mount. I used to hate it but now consider it a necessary evil.... the 718 comes with a kit for your dealer to drill and install. There are no pre drilled holes, should you choose not to go this route/your state does not require it. The kit looks like a large plastic/rubber mount (quite ugly!!) but I am sure it looks fine on the car.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Curt Wohlgemuth
Advanced

I'm in CA, another state that requires a front plate. But with so many cars here choosing not to put one on, and after following the rules in my previous X cars, I decided to keep my plate in my trunk. If/when I get pulled over, it should just be a "show me it's been done" ticket. But whatever, I decided to take my chances, since the front is so pretty with no plate!
Old 01-25-2018, 11:08 AM
iiAtlas
Advanced

Originally Posted by Curt Wohlgemuth
I'm in CA, another state that requires a front plate. But with so many cars here choosing not to put one on, and after following the rules in my previous X cars, I decided to keep my plate in my trunk. If/when I get pulled over, it should just be a "show me it's been done" ticket. But whatever, I decided to take my chances, since the front is so pretty with no plate!
Can't deny that Curt! Definitely cool w/o plate... decided not to push my luck. Luckily the Rho-Plate is totally reversible (unlike drilling). Enjoy your car!
Old 01-25-2018, 09:24 PM
iiAtlas
Advanced

The winter wheels arrived and I am really impressed!! What do you all think? The perfect 'blue' garage?

Name:  KPvPUJG.png
Views: 10
Size:  452.1 KB

Name:  Q5Hxi4C.png
Size:  517.6 KB

Name:  tY0Zn9B.jpg
Size:  49.3 KB

Name:  GQRPRmT.jpg
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  xm0nrlb.jpg
Size:  76.3 KB
Old 01-27-2018, 10:40 AM
Noassman
1st Gear

I just ordered the same color combo of Night Blue Metallic and two tone black/beige interior, after seeing your pics and your review. I can't wait to see mine in April!
Old 01-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts
Default 3M double-sided all-weather tape...

Originally Posted by Curt Wohlgemuth
I just leave mine in the frunk. Last year I got pulled over and just kept repeating to the officer that "My plate is in the front" enough times to confuse him and he finally said "Get out of here. Make sure to get a plate on the front".

In the past I've used on numerous P-cars the 3M All-weather Double Sided tape. For some reason it's never been a popular idea here on Rennlist but the stuff is very heavy duty and secure and it allows you to position the plate nice and low on the front bumper. Check it out. When you need to just take a hair dryer to soften it up and it pulls right off.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:41 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Last week I was trying to get a price for a new 718 Cayman (base). I wanted one built to my specs. The salesman said he would call me back. That was 4 days ago. I guess Porsche doesn't need my money.Oh well....
Old 01-28-2018, 09:21 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by billh1963
Last week I was trying to get a price for a new 718 Cayman (base). I wanted one built to my specs. The salesman said he would call me back. That was 4 days ago. I guess Porsche doesn't need my money.Oh well....
No worries. I am sure soon enough you'll be able do all that on the configurator, place a deposit and work out financing if you need it. Forgetful sales people will be a thing of the past and you'll track the production and pick it up or have it delivered. Any other dealerships close by?
Old 01-28-2018, 11:03 PM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Porsche definitely doesn't "need" your money, but I'm sure they want it.
How about a different dealer--maybe one that isn't so rich from ripping off its customers?
Old 01-29-2018, 11:34 AM
iiAtlas
Advanced

Originally Posted by Noassman
I just ordered the same color combo of Night Blue Metallic and two tone black/beige interior, after seeing your pics and your review. I can't wait to see mine in April!
Congratulations Noassman!! You are going to freaking LOVE it!!!

Originally Posted by Zeus993
No worries. I am sure soon enough you'll be able do all that on the configurator, place a deposit and work out financing if you need it. Forgetful sales people will be a thing of the past and you'll track the production and pick it up or have it delivered. Any other dealerships close by?
I had a similarly absent salesman at BMW... I went through with it because the price was right (end of year incentives) but have a bad taste about the way we were treated there after our second factory ordered car. Oh well. The P dealer was awesome!! Convenience and a good price overturned me shopping around on the BMW. That being said, convenience and a great experience also overturned me shopping for a better price on the 718. Good luck on your search!! You will not regret a base 718

Quick Reply: Just ordered 2018 718 Cayman..