Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder up for auction

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 02:10 PM
blacksheepSpyder
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Don't forget the impatience tax of an auction around the first of the year. Christmas time, Tax time, winter.

If you want to get your money out, you have to wait for a buyer not toss it up and hope you get lucky during the worst time of the year to sell things.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:22 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
There have been a few here for that price! I haven't seen a sale in awhile. A similar car at Porsche San Diego went for $97k w/CPO and 4,000 miles last week, so the price is ballpark. The market for the Spyder has definitely weakened.
I saw that car when I was buying mine at PSD in early December. White with red interior, LWB. There was probably a good reason that car went at the price it did.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:14 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksheepSpyder
Don't forget the impatience tax of an auction around the first of the year. Christmas time, Tax time, winter.

If you want to get your money out, you have to wait for a buyer not toss it up and hope you get lucky during the worst time of the year to sell things.
That's a pretty fair point actually. However, that San Diego example certainly does show the market has somewhat softened for at least the winter. I'm sure they'll pick up again in spring. There's still so few of these cars that I'm not sure the 718 would impact value much if any.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder up for auction