Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Cyaman owners also have a 911? Saw this basic build Cayman S that looks like fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 01:21 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any Cyaman owners also have a 911? Saw this basic build Cayman S that looks like fun

Last edited by SoCal RJ; 12-19-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:54 AM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I have both but a 991S (w/x51, SC, PSE,etc.) & 981 (w/x73, SC, PSE, etc.) - highly recommend it. You mention that you have a 997 so I imagine you are referring to the 3.6 motor? That will be a different dynamic than mine as I have the BASE Cayman but I appreciate being being able to wind the 2.7 out. I know it puts me in the minority here but even the 2.7 feels like plenty of power for the street (aka public roads), I find it more 'approachable' from a 'just get in it and drive' standpoint (as opposed to the 991's 430 hp). Since the speed and power for your selections are different, it will really be more about chassis/engine placement. Looks like you have some great options, wonder if you'll become so enamored with the modern amenities that you drive the 997 less. Anyway, entirely different cars, analog vs. digital - that might be enough to keep both interesting to you. Best of luck with the purchase (seems like a good deal to me), let us know how it goes! -Dom
Old 12-19-2017, 10:42 AM
SoCal RJ
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
I have both but a 991S (w/x51, SC, PSE,etc.) & 981 (w/x73, SC, PSE, etc.) - highly recommend it. You mention that you have a 997 so I imagine you are referring to the 3.6 motor? That will be a different dynamic than mine as I have the BASE Cayman but I appreciate being being able to wind the 2.7 out. I know it puts me in the minority here but even the 2.7 feels like plenty of power for the street (aka public roads), I find it more 'approachable' from a 'just get in it and drive' standpoint (as opposed to the 991's 430 hp). Since the speed and power for your selections are different, it will really be more about chassis/engine placement. Looks like you have some great options, wonder if you'll become so enamored with the modern amenities that you drive the 997 less. Anyway, entirely different cars, analog vs. digital - that might be enough to keep both interesting to you. Best of luck with the purchase (seems like a good deal to me), let us know how it goes! -Dom
The 911 is an S with the 3.8 and plenty of power for me. The Cayman S is only 25 hp less, but yes, would be a more modern drive. My first time driving a Porsche was not that long ago, a base 2014 Boxster. It was a blast and plenty of around town power, and the more modern feel worked. Thanks for the information. RJ

Quick Reply: Any Cyaman owners also have a 911? Saw this basic build Cayman S that looks like fun