Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on "track work" in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 03:15 PM
bk9
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help on "track work" in Dallas

I've read some pots on other forums about x73 installs, etc.. I'm a new owner of a 981 S w/ PASM and one of the first things I'm thinking of is adding the x73 sways/springs.

I'm of course familiar with RAC and have been to Park Place in the past. Any local guys have a recommendation as to where to go and perhaps a contact person? This is going to just be the start...

Thanks!
BK
Old 12-17-2017, 11:52 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by bk9
I've read some pots on other forums about x73 installs, etc.. I'm a new owner of a 981 S w/ PASM and one of the first things I'm thinking of is adding the x73 sways/springs.

I'm of course familiar with RAC and have been to Park Place in the past. Any local guys have a recommendation as to where to go and perhaps a contact person? This is going to just be the start...

Thanks!
BK
Park Place or RAC either one will do an excellent job. I would lean towards RAC and ask for Seth to be your technician. Now I must ask, why would you want to spend close to $3000 to replace PASM when in sport mode it is a decent track suspension? I put X73 on my car only because it had stock suspension. If it had PASM when I bought it new, I would have left PASM alone. With PASM you have some other interesting options if you want something more seriously track oriented. Such as adding the DSC suspension controller to replace the OEM PASM brain but leave the PASM dampers in place. Many other options such as ditching PASM altogether and putting coil overs on with manually adjustable dampers.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:55 PM
bk9
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your message! I don't want to ditch PASM, but have been toying with the idea of a lower spring and combining with a different front bar (maybe GT4 even) and potentially adjustable drop links. To your point, I'm still educating myself on the various options (and clearly am a novice). Appreciate the insight!
Old 12-18-2017, 02:55 PM
MMMMalex
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A friend of mine takes his 987 to Autoscope for general maintenance and has had positive experiences. Not sure if they do suspension installs or not.

Quick Reply: Help on "track work" in Dallas