"check raised brake light" - but it works? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
987 - 981 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"check raised brake light" - but it works?

Old 12-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Hacked 987
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default "check raised brake light" - but it works?

Alright - did a search, most all of the results actually are from folks that have a non-op CHMSL.

My 987 Cayman was sold to me with a fiberglass rear hatch, so I've always had this error message (as the hatch did not have the CHMSL). I'm trying to sell the hatch, and I scored a stock hatch for cheap while I decide what to do with the rest of the car. I expected the stock hatch to clear this error message (it would be nice to be able to sell the car error-message-free) - but no dice. The CHMSL confirmed works... but I can't seem to clear the code for it with the DuraMetric, it comes right back and the dash beeps with the error every time I flip the key on.

Any tips or things to look for? Added to the complication - my car is a 2006 shell, but was converted (completely... allegedly) to 2010 spec (wiring harness, modules, motor, etc.) From what I can tell from the PET the CHMSL is the same P/N across all years... so that *shouldn't* matter.

Any ideas?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:31 PM
extanker
Banned

any chance the bulb is the wrong wattage other than oem
Old 12-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Hacked 987
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by extanker View Post
any chance the bulb is the wrong wattage other than oem
Well I got the hatch, complete, from a salvage yard. So I suppose there's always a *chance* someone, somehow, retrofitted something? But it sure doesn't look like it's ever been disassembled.

Anybody know what the official expected wattage/resistance is? I can disconnect it, wire up a test circuit to fake things, and see if that clears the error. Should at least help me narrow it down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "check raised brake light" - but it works?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: