Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman with RS-style wing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 AM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Cayman with RS-style wing.

This gentleman I met the other day allowed me to share some photos of his car. It sits on H&R springs, and has a few Techart bits on it. The interesting thing is that he made the uprights for the rear wing. They looked pretty good, but I'm not familiar enough with the GT3RS uprights to know how close it is with respect to the height and wing's angle of attack. I also don't know how rearward visibility is affected. Regardless, it was a rather nice looking car.
Attached Images     
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

Looks like a Getty Design wing base. Uprights look a little low but nice work.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:19 PM
caymanruf
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there , do you happen to know if the owner is in this forum as well ? how can i contact him please? thx
Old 12-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cds4402
I'm not familiar enough with the GT3RS uprights to know how close it is with respect to the height and wing's angle of attack
... and neither does he.

But Porsche, having spent millions working things out, would know -- probably why they didn't put a wing like that on the standard Cayman.

Always make me laugh about how much time, money, efficiency and lap time guys more than likely waste. Porsche spent 7 figures refining along with all the other little bits that make it all work on Bill's car. I'm not saying aftermarket aero mods "can't" be effective, but it involves a lot more than throwing on a few homemade uprights and an aftermarket wing.

If anyone has some downtime and would like a glimpse into what goes into the selection of a rear wing -- here is a interesting link:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/rearwingLMPCFD2009.html
Old 12-11-2017, 05:46 AM
caymanruf
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the link , hope the owner of this car surfaces here so i can reach out to him
Old 12-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by caymanruf
thanks for the link , hope the owner of this car surfaces here so i can reach out to him
I don't know anything about the OP but here's two photos of the Getty Wing on my old car. I needed to and more front splitter to balance the car on track.

Quick Reply: Cayman with RS-style wing.