Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Porsche satisfied with the 718 Boxster S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:57 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by white981s
Randr, I'l just leave this here for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAe8Khit4qE&t=107s

PS: It would behoove you to understand the intricacies of the fundamental variance in subjective opinion. If you enjoy the 718 that's great, even if you love how it sounds and you appreciate the benefit of the added torque and power. However others enjoy the 981 more and fundamentally there is no wrong answer. Even though the 718 is a step up in performance (as it should be), read between the lines in all of the reviews, you will see a disconcerting amount of negative feedback regarding the sound and engine character.
For reference :P

Old 10-18-2017, 11:11 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Randr, I'l just leave this here for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAe8Khit4qE&t=107s

PS: It would behoove you to understand the intricacies of the fundamental variance in subjective opinion. If you enjoy the 718 that's great, even if you love how it sounds and you appreciate the benefit of the added torque and power. However others enjoy the 981 more and fundamentally there is no wrong answer. Even though the 718 is a step up in performance (as it should be), read between the lines in all of the reviews, you will see a disconcerting amount of negative feedback regarding the sound and engine character.
You will also see how the reviews quickly shifted - I will direct you to Car and Driver (many reviews) and Motor Trend (2nd in best drivers car, 2017)
It would behove you to understand that Porsche are about integrated performance, as they always have been . Hence 918, GT 2RS and GT3 all different methods of power delivery. Which is the top dog?

Oh and the GTS has just been released

http://www.caradvice.com.au/593640/2...ing-and-specs/

Guess what, it will be really, really good oh and guess what I own both NA and turbo charged Porsche sports cars. I would happily own a 718S or GTS and couldn't give a rats **** about what the internet world supposedly thinks about something that is so subjective as sound.

Why, because its about all round performance. It may surprise you that many prefer the 718 over the 981, why because it handles better, is better braked and is faster. All of this for many, trumps sound.

If those of you were really interested in sound you wouldn't be buying a Porsche you'd be buying a Fezza - do you want to bell the cat or should I?

Last edited by randr; 10-18-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:15 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Has Porsche finally made a Boxster a man can buy" Wow my D-bag alarm went off wildly, who cares whatever this moron says after that. If anything would make it a "girl's car" (which is a dumb thing for this guy to say in 2017) it would be lopping off two cylinders. I'm happy not to have electric disconnected feel steering as well, sometimes advancements aren't advancements.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 AM
BlackCS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
"Has Porsche finally made a Boxster a man can buy" Wow my D-bag alarm went off wildly, who cares whatever this moron says after that.
Calling Chris Harris a D-bag and a Moron will surely sit well. If Chris Harris has an opinion on a car, that's about as accurate of an opinion as you can get, short of interacting with a mythical car god.

I just noticed the car in your Avatar, your response makes more sense now.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:32 AM
BlackCS
Instructor

I'm not sure if you are just being obtuse or you genuinely lack logical reasoning. I bet I couldn't answer answer that question even if I was Sigmund Freud.

In case you missed the obvious, the reviews denote the 718 as the best drivers car in comparison to the outgoing production cars. Key word is production here, let that sink in.

The rest of your comment is incoherent, are you winking at me or the GTS?, regardless, it's still using the same engine, except I'm assuming they will pipe the tractor-valve-eating sound via the l155 diaphragm into the cabin.

Anyway enjoy your 718, just don't assume you can post insinuating and insulting remarks and not have people call you out on it, especially when you are trying to pass yourself off as an expert.

Originally Posted by randr
You will also see how the reviews have shifted over time - I will direct you to Car and Driver (many reviews) and Motor Trend (2nd in best drivers car, 2017)
It would behove you to understand that Porsche are about integrated performance, as they always have been . Hence 918, GT 2RS, GT3 all different methods of power delivery.

Oh and the GTS has just been released

http://www.caradvice.com.au/593640/2...ing-and-specs/

Guess what, it will be really, really good oh and guess what I own both NA and turbo charged Porsche sports cars. I would happily own a 718S or GTS and couldn't give a rats **** about what the internet world supposedly thinks about something that is so subjective as sound.

Why, because its about all round performance.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:41 AM
randr
Banned

I'm not sure if you are just being obtuse or you genuinely lack logical reasoning. I bet I couldn't answer answer that question even if I was Sigmund Freud.

In case you missed the obvious, the reviews denote the 718 as the best drivers car in comparison to the outgoing production cars. Key word is production here, let that sink in.

The rest of your comment is incoherent, are you winking at me or the GTS?, regardless, it's still using the same engine, except I'm assuming they will pipe the tractor-valve-eating sound via the l155 diaphragm into the cabin.

Anyway enjoy your 718, just don't assume you can post insinuating and insulting remarks and not have people call you out on it, especially when you are trying to pass yourself off as an expert.
I'll spell it out for you - because clearly you reside at the bottom end of the bell curve.

Most of the recent reviews are full of praise for the 718. The new 718 GTS has just been released - it too will get excellent reviews. Why? because it is a very, very good car. Simple. Even for you.

Digest this - the 718 outperforms the 981 in every objective test. Now if you want sound in a mid-engined car buy a 488GTB or Mclaren 570-720 or 458 Italia or Speciale - oh but wait, you can't cut that gordian knot can you.

And just to wrap it up, I don't own a 718 - but I do appreciate a very good car.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:48 AM
BlackCS
Instructor

I do love your circular reasoning, it takes a special kind of person.

No one is disputing the 718 is a great car, ok hopefully you got that.

I'l even play into your logic, so you can retire to your evening without tossing and turning at night, it;s a very, very good car.

Proceed to enjoy your tractor 718, although I doubt you will, since you clearly see the need to vindicate the car.

I'll spell it out for you - because clearly you reside at the bottom end of the bell curve.

Most of the recent reviews are full of praise for the 718. The new 718 GTS has just been released - it too will get excellent reviews. Why? because it is a very, very good car. Simple. Even for you.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:50 AM
randr
Banned

I do love your circular reasoning, it takes a special kind of person.

No one is disputing the 718 is a great car, ok hopefully you got that.

I'l even play into your logic, so you can retire to your evening without tossing and turning at night, it;s a very, very good car.

Proceed to enjoy your tractor 718, although I doubt you will, since you clearly see the need to vindicate the car.
mmm don't own one, just appreciate a great drive
Old 10-18-2017, 11:51 AM
BlackCS
Instructor

Stop editing your post twenty times, I'm having a hard enough time trying to keep up with your nonsense, now I see you don't even own a 718, you really are special.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM
R_Rated
Banned

how do ya'll like the new mid engine S2000?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:55 AM
randr
Banned

Stop editing your post twenty times, I'm having a hard enough time trying to keep up with your nonsense, now I see you don't even own a 718, you really are special.
Read my posts - they are accurate as is the reportage from "Car and Driver" and "Motor Trend"

Oh I have driven the 718S, both on track, around town and on country roads. I can even tell you what its friction circle looks like in comparison to a 981S.

Thats one of the reasons why I know how good it is
Old 10-18-2017, 11:59 AM
BlackCS
Instructor

Read my posts - they are accurate.

Oh I have driven the 718S, both on track, around town and on country roads. I can even tell you what its friction circle looks like in comparison to a 981S.

Thats one of the reasons why I know how good it is
Take a piece of paper, write down what the friction circle looks like, fold it neatly, and shove it deep into where the sun don't shine, incidentally, that's where most of your opinions are coming from.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 PM
randr
Banned

Take a piece of paper, write down what the friction circle looks like, fold it neatly, and shove it deep into where the sun don't shine, incidentally, that's where most of your opinions are coming from.
Nope, I actually know what I'm talking about N0 or N1
Old 10-18-2017, 12:01 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

If anyone continues to personalize the discussion your going on vacation.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by il pirata
If anyone continues to personalize the discussion you're going on vacation.
you're welcome

Quick Reply: Is Porsche satisfied with the 718 Boxster S?