Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

New 981 spyder

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Out in the spyder in the rain today. It isn’t melting so far.

Of any car I’ve owned, if could only own 1, this is it. Qualified as a car that doesn’t have to fit my entire family or haul things in the back. If I ever decided to simplify life completely, dump the collection I have and own 1 car, so far, 981 spyder at top of my list.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:31 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by terbiumactivated
Where did I say you abused it or you didn't care about it guy? Newsflash for you some on here don't have a Porsche in their three car garage that looks like living space or posted photos of that car next to a Gulfstream G650; if by that measure that means we can't afford the car or shouldn't have one then color me guilty. Additionally, if not wanting the vehicle to get door dings or sun damage from sitting outside top down is too careful, again I'm guilty. Nobody is impugning your car care metrics, merely pointing out that someone of great wealth can more easily replace their toys and as such they can play with them more, trying to take the best care of a treasured acquisition is not a crime.

PS Enjoy your wealth and life, I'm in no way suggesting you didn't earn it or that you don't deserve it, good on you, live your best life.
I understand your thoughts.

Perhaps I came across a bit obtuse. What I'm saying is that many should try to get over that psyche and just drive the car. You'll get used to it once you continually do it. If someone can only barely afford a Ford Focus yet are forced to drive the car daily, they'll begin to feel comfortable with the notion; even though they may really care for the car.

With that said. I wouldn't think that taking the "best care of a treasured acquisition" is to not use it for its intended use. The car will be just fine. One can use the car very routinely and yet be careful too. My friend and I both purchased GT3s within a month of each other. He has 3900 miles on his. Me, nearly 16300. I would dare to say that my car looks nearly the same, condition-wise, etc. He stared at his. I drove mine. He might have been better off saving $163000 and just staring at mine.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

^ thanks for the literal LOL reading your last sentence. I needed that!
Old 11-04-2017, 04:06 PM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Motorwerks, No worries, heck if I was still in Ann Arbor working I'd meet you downtown for a slab of flaming cheese. My boss lived in Bloomfield Hills, our office was on telegraph, right down from the Machus Red Fox where we had meetings and looked for Mr Hoffa. Be safe there in the motor city!

Quick Reply: New 981 spyder