Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Product Review & Installation Tips: Boxster Spyder Ducktail Replica by Spoiler Nation

Old 09-23-2018, 10:35 AM
CornerOffice
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the inspiration. Agate Grey with ducktail, relocated emblem and GT4/Spyder diffuser. Parts from Suncoast.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:40 PM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CornerOffice
Thanks for the inspiration. Agate Grey with ducktail, relocated emblem and GT4/Spyder diffuser. Parts from Suncoast.
Wow, that is one beautiful Boxster. You didn't need my help (but you're welcome). Love the 2-tone graphics on the doors!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:58 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Great looking Agate S! Nice job on the rear end giving it the "gearFX treatment."
Old 09-28-2018, 11:06 AM
Ale_72
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 74 Posts

The spoiler looks nice and OEM, but the review is amazing.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:12 PM
gearFX
Racer

Originally Posted by Ale_72
The spoiler looks nice and OEM, but the review is amazing.
Thank you! In hindsight, I probably overdid it (the review detail), but I'm guilty of doing that often.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:07 AM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GregWormald
Nice mod. Subtle.
Great review.
Agree!
The following users liked this post:
gearFX (07-02-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 592 Likes on 332 Posts

Nice...found this and might consider it for my "new' 981 Boxster S. They're still selling the spoiler, painted for $625.

OP - can I ask how your spoiler has held up? How is the paint work after some time?

Have the ruined aerodynamics caused you any stability concerns at speed?

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:29 AM
gearFX
Racer

Originally Posted by MotoJB
OP - can I ask how your spoiler has held up? How is the paint work after some time?

Have the ruined aerodynamics caused you any stability concerns at speed?
Wow, I can't believe that it's already been almost 2 years since I did this mod. Paint has held up great, no age-related fatigue or premature wear, etc.

I can't say that I notice any stability-related issues from the seat of my pants. Maybe I'm just not going fast enough for it to make a difference.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:33 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 592 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by gearFX
Wow, I can't believe that it's already been almost 2 years since I did this mod. Paint has held up great, no age-related fatigue or premature wear, etc.

I can't say that I notice any stability-related issues from the seat of my pants. Maybe I'm just not going fast enough for it to make a difference.

Thanks, appreciate the input.

Any stability concerns are silly IMO. A Boxster is a street car. Even the occasional track driven Boxster is not going to hit speeds where that aero change would be noticeable IMO.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the Spoiler Nation ducktail last year and it went on fine, but the paint (black) wasn't a perfect match. It had a lot of orange peel and my body shop was able to use grinding compound and the color is now a much better match, but still not 100 percent, perhaps 95% match. My body shop filled and painted my factory GT4 side air scoops without seeing the car and they came out a perfect match.

V6
Old 07-14-2019, 07:44 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Love it. wish I could find something like this for my 987...
The following 2 users liked this post by garfunkle:
Boxsterman (09-23-2020), Van Larson (09-17-2019)
Old 06-22-2020, 09:40 AM
AGiaretti
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Guys,

I've ordered a ducktail spoiler for my 981 GTS the 6 May 2020 from Direct Car Toys (https://directcartoys.com/2013-2016-...g-spoiler.html) that seems to be of the same owner of Spoiler Nation website (https://spoilernation.com/2013-2016-...g-spoiler.html)....

I've received a tracking number the 15 May but the package seems to be stuck in Miami (the delivery is Switzerland).

After i received the tracking number the customer service disappeared and now it's about 1 month that i don't receive any answer from them...

Do you know if they are now closed or if they are scammers?

Any help will be really appreciated. I'm a bit worried...

Thanks a lot!
Old 09-23-2020, 04:04 PM
Pcar4me
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is kind of pain-staking detail that Rennlister's have come to enjoy and depend on from fellow Porsche fanatics! Thanks so much for a terrific review and really well captured photos following the steps! Most of us will never play in the rarefied air of GT3/GT2-RS ownership, and its these little, reasonably priced, tasteful additions that bring so much extra fulfillment to owning the best Porsche "we can afford". Very well done! Proud to be a member of the dedicated forum.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:36 PM
gearFX
Racer

Originally Posted by Voyager6
I got the Spoiler Nation ducktail last year and it went on fine, but the paint (black) wasn't a perfect match. It had a lot of orange peel and my body shop was able to use grinding compound and the color is now a much better match, but still not 100 percent, perhaps 95% match. My body shop filled and painted my factory GT4 side air scoops without seeing the car and they came out a perfect match.
Sorry to hear, wonder if quality control has changed?

Originally Posted by AGiaretti
I've ordered a ducktail spoiler for my 981 GTS the 6 May 2020 from Direct Car Toys (https://directcartoys.com/2013-2016-...g-spoiler.html) that seems to be of the same owner of Spoiler Nation website (https://spoilernation.com/2013-2016-...g-spoiler.html)....
I've received a tracking number the 15 May but the package seems to be stuck in Miami (the delivery is Switzerland). After i received the tracking number the customer service disappeared and now it's about 1 month that i don't receive any answer from them. Do you know if they are now closed or if they are scammers? Any help will be really appreciated. I'm a bit worried... Thanks a lot!
Hopefully yours finally arrived? That was in the middle of the pandemic, which may have contributed to delays (not making excuses for anybody).

Originally Posted by Pcar4me
This is kind of pain-staking detail that Rennlister's have come to enjoy and depend on from fellow Porsche fanatics! Thanks so much for a terrific review and really well captured photos following the steps! Most of us will never play in the rarefied air of GT3/GT2-RS ownership, and its these little, reasonably priced, tasteful additions that bring so much extra fulfillment to owning the best Porsche "we can afford". Very well done! Proud to be a member of the dedicated forum.
You're welcome!
Old 10-09-2020, 06:48 PM
austerity
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AGiaretti
Hello Guys,

I've received a tracking number the 15 May but the package seems to be stuck in Miami (the delivery is Switzerland).

After i received the tracking number the customer service disappeared and now it's about 1 month that i don't receive any answer from them...

Do you know if they are now closed or if they are scammers?

Any help will be really appreciated. I'm a bit worried...

Thanks a lot!
Any resolution on this? Looking for a ducktail for my Cayman and am tempted to just try out Ebay at this point, as this Direct Sale site doesn't seem promising and Spoiler Nation has disappeared

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Product Review & Installation Tips: Boxster Spyder Ducktail Replica by Spoiler Nation