Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT!!! $2250 for Carmax five year warranty on 2011 Cayman. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 02:53 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Also, I believe that you have a standard warranty that comes with it from CM - 6 months?

I bought a 2011 Cayenne Turbo from CM a year or so ago. During that time i had them fix a lot of items on the car - they were VERY accommodating.
Standard CarMax warranty is 30-Days (60-Day in CT, MN, and RI; 90-Day in MA, NJ, and NY). I have also heard that they are very accommodating during this period... not only paying for a fix to anything mechanical, but replacing missing manuals, tools, etc.

On the extended warranty, I personally would pass, but I also do as much of my own repairs as possible. Are you a 'if I hear a noise, I bring it to the dealer and say fix it' kind of person? Warranty is a GOOD bet as even minor repairs can be very pricey when your paying dealer labor rates and dealer parts prices. Even indy's can be quite pricey...

Never purchased from CarMax, but have a Macan S on hold and being transferred to my local dealership, hopefully it isn't as beat up as some other CarMax cars I've looked at.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by seemyad
So I will be taking delivery of a 2011 Cayman with 44k miles from Carmax tonight.

At time of purchase I have to decide to purchase their warranty or not.

Note that as long as you're within the 5-day return period, all you have to do is threaten to return the car if they don't sell you the warranty, and they'll let you buy the warranty.

On the one hand Carmax warranties have a decent reputation, but on the other hand, "ACT NOW!" deals are rarely favorable to the party being encouraged to act now.

Quick Reply: URGENT!!! $2250 for Carmax five year warranty on 2011 Cayman. Worth it?