Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987.2 Spyder: ? about LWBs

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Boiler Inspector
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 987.2 Spyder: ? about LWBs

I ran the vin on Vindecoderz and it just says "black interior with alcantara." Below is a pic of the seats, but how can I be sure they are original? Is there a certification sticker anywhere on the seat that I can ask the dealer to send me a picture of?
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Those were the standard seats. If the car doesn't have the sport bucket seats, the option list will include 'sport seats'. Another clue - if it says 'heated seats' on the option list, it had the sport seats. Most of the seats added later have leather inserts, not alcantara. So in all likelyhood, those are the factory seats. Post the VIN to be sure. Or have the dealer give you the window sticker or pro forma invoice.

Be aware - the upper seat belt is incorrectly routed through the seat, so they may have been out of the car at some point.

Really doesn't matter. It's got the sport bucket seats, that's what's important.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Boiler Inspector
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Those were the standard seats. If the car doesn't have the sport bucket seats, the option list will include 'sport seats'. Another clue - if it says 'heated seats' on the option list, it had the sport seats. Most of the seats added later have leather inserts, not alcantara. So in all likelyhood, those are the factory seats. Post the VIN to be sure. Or have the dealer give you the window sticker or pro forma invoice.

Be aware - the upper seat belt is incorrectly routed through the seat, so they may have been out of the car at some point.

Really doesn't matter. It's got the sport bucket seats, that's what's important.
WP0CB2A83BS745128 Here's what VINdecoderz says for option list:

Black Interior with Alcantara
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung
19" Turbo Wheel
Sound Package Plus
Automatic Climate Control
Cup Holder
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Floor Mats
B4
Carrara White
HNL
Fabric Door Opening Loop
P12
Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor
P23
PCM with Navigation Module
P74
Bi-Xenon? w/ Dynam Corner Sys
ROOF
Manual Two Panel Roof
V9
Soft Top in Black
XMK
Roll Bar Painted Exterior Clr
Old 08-21-2017, 03:12 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,597 Likes on 879 Posts

LWB's were standard for the 987.2. The build looks correct... at least for the seats. Also you don't need to remove the seats to reroute the seat belts as mentioned earlier... it's the seat belt that is removed to do this.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Yes, that car came with the sport bucket seats (GT2) as standard, so those are indeed the factory seats.

Re-routing the seat belts is easy and does not require seat removal. I suggested the seats had been removed as it's common for people to route the belts incorrectly after seat removal if they don't know any better. For example, when adding a sub mount & 6-point restraints.

Quick Reply: 987.2 Spyder: ? about LWBs