Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feynlab Self-Heal Lite Ceramic Coating

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:31 AM
FEYNLAB
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feynlab Self-Heal Lite Ceramic Coating

As a relatively new forum sponsor, I'd like to introduce our company and show an example of one of our coatings, FEYNLAB HEAL LITE on a 2008 Cayman S.

FEYNLAB™ is the world leader in fine resin manufacturing for automotive, aerospace, and marine applications and developer of the world's first hand applied self-healing coatings. Based in Chicago, our team of scientists include alumni of some of the most prestigious institutions in the world, including Oxford University. Nanotechnology is a new and exciting field, with many great discoveries yet to be made, here at Feynlab we see ourselves as the pioneers of nano resin systems, and will continue to push the boundaries of surface science. After all, it was one of our founders, John Suerth, whom initially coined the term “Ceramic Coating” over 15 years ago, and there is no one that better understands this topic.

FEYNLAB™ HEAL LITE is a single-component, single-step coating with roughly 60% healing ability compared to FEYNLAB™ HEAL PLUS. This product was developed with darker colored vehicles in mind, where swirl marks and “spider web” scratches are more visible. Micro-swirls are inevitable on darker colored cars, no matter how careful you may be, how many buckets you use during washing or what our competition have promised you about their Ceramic Coatings, micro-swirls just happen. HEAL LITE is our answer to this, heat from the sun will cause the Ceramic Polymer Matrix to re-set, if you are in a rush you could use a hair dryer or some hot water (at your own risk!).

Below is an example of the kind of work and results you can expect from a Feynlab Certified Installer, in this case Rich Howitt of Flawless Reflections Auto Detailing in Windsor, Ontario Canada.

This car needed some work. At 9 years old, it was overdue to say the least. He chose Feynlab`s Self Heal Lite which is a smart move for long lasting protection. I was pulling the wheels too, which also took longer than I thought. Let`s see the transformation on this little hottie.

Here it is as it arrived:

Next it was time to pull the wheels. I had to go at the barrels with more Tarminator as the brush could only do so much when the wheels are on the car. I gave the barrels and faces a quick hand polish with M205 and a microfiber. I followed that with DG Squeaky Clean to make sure the chemicals that Tarminator leaves behind were removed. Finally a quick shot of Eraser and they were ready to coat. The wheels were coated with Feynlab Wheel & Caliper. Speaking of caliper, it was hand cleaned with Tarminator followed by SC and then coated with Feynlab. The plastic wells were cleaned and coated once dry. Upon replacing the wheel and prior to lowering the car down, the tires were dressed. The wheels were then torqued back to spec. Here`s a wheel after being coated:

Now it was time to play with the paint. The paint on this car had heavy swirls as you could see above. I jumped at the chance to try my TLC compound again, combined with 3401 + 3D black wool. Good news/Bad news. The good news is that the combo removed the defects, the bad news is that it left the surface hazy. I knew it was soft paint, because that never happens with me using that combo. I tried several other pad/polish combos, but none removed the defects and left the surface the way I wanted it. After some trial and error, I used the burgandy Megs pad + CarPro Reflect for the 2nd stage. That was the "aha" moment in correcting the paint. Funny, as it is usually after using the compound, but again with the soft paint. I then used a 3rd step of M205 + white LCC pad. Now I had it the way I wanted it!

I tried a few different things to polish the PPF, but to no avail. I did not go really aggressive with it as it was not worth the risk of damaging it. So be it. I coated the PPF, head and tail lights with Feynlab Ceramic and not the Heal Lite. I also coated under the wing with Ceramic too. The windshield was coated with Fly By Forte and the rest of the glass with Fly By 30. The exhaust tips were hand polished with 0000 steel wool + M205 and a mf and were coated with DLux. The wiper cowl was also coated with DLux. The paint was coated with Heal Lite. Here it is getting its suntan after being worked on for 21.5 hours:

And finally the AFTER photos in the sun:

Thanks for looking and look forward to sharing more about our company and Self-Healing Coatings in the future.

Last edited by FEYNLAB; 07-17-2017 at 02:33 AM. Reason: change to embedded video

Quick Reply: Feynlab Self-Heal Lite Ceramic Coating