Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching Dealer Inventory Nationally

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts
Default Searching Dealer Inventory Nationally

Can someone educate me as to if/how one can search Porsche dealer inventory nationally for a specific model rather than dealership by dealership?
Old 06-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Viffermike
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Can someone educate me as to if/how one can search Porsche dealer inventory nationally for a specific model rather than dealership by dealership?
You can. You can even set up daily Porsche Searchagent email alerts with a rundown of every example of a particular model available nationwide.

Use the Porsche Pre-Owned Car Locator here and click on the "PRE-OWNED CAR LOCATOR" button. From there, click the "DETAILED SEARCH" button in the lower left. That gives you the ability to filter by model, mileage, price, CPO, etc. The trick to getting a nationwide search is to fill in your ZIP, but do NOT choose a distance. It defaults to all U.S. dealers if you do this.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:04 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 883 Likes on 534 Posts

Must be something screwy with that- I tried a search for Cayenne GTS from 2014-2016, with zip and no distance, both white and no colour preference, and all searchs came up empty. I know that is impossible!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong... only way I get results is to pick a distance, and I go with the biggest 500
Old 06-27-2017, 10:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

I don't think it will let you leave distance blank. I went with 500 and then just chose the city in the center of the big metropolitan areas. Had to run it 6-7 times.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Viffermike
AutoX

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I don't think it will let you leave distance blank. I went with 500 and then just chose the city in the center of the big metropolitan areas. Had to run it 6-7 times.
My mistake; apologies for the misinformation. You must leave both the ZIP code field and distance fields blank to get nationwide results. Only if you set up a Searchagent search will it work with the ZIP field filled in.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:28 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 883 Likes on 534 Posts

Thx- works fine with zip and distance fields empty!

Trending Topics

Old 06-29-2017, 02:17 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

That'd only show cars at Porsche dealerships. At least to me, I'd much prefer a private sale from original owner, but you'd have to search sites like autotrader, ebay, etc. If you only want it certified, then car would have at least 2 owners. In that case, I'd only buy a just-certified example, which gives you great piece of mind, especially if buying long-distance. Doesn't mean car will be perfect, but chances are it should be fine. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Viffermike
AutoX

Originally Posted by elp_jc
That'd only show cars at Porsche dealerships. At least to me, I'd much prefer a private sale from original owner, but you'd have to search sites like autotrader, ebay, etc. If you only want it certified, then car would have at least 2 owners. In that case, I'd only buy a just-certified example, which gives you great piece of mind, especially if buying long-distance. Doesn't mean car will be perfect, but chances are it should be fine. Good luck.
Well the great thing about CPO is that the Locator will tell you how many owners the car's had: one or two. So to your point: depending on what you're looking for, you can just count out the 2-owner CPO cars.

Quick Reply: Searching Dealer Inventory Nationally