Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Spring Rates for AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 02:58 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Spring Rates for AutoX

So I'm getting a set of KW v3's and i'd like to get opinions on the ideal spring rates for autox. In my mind I can create an argument for softer and stiffer spring rates.

Pro's of softer: Let the sway bar keep the car planted and let the body roll a bit so that the front tires bite on turn-in
Pro's of stiffer: Keeps the car planted and maximizes tire contact patch and gives the car more traction

So can those who have experienced autox at the more competitive levels chime in.

If you would like to know the rest of the setup - i have gt3 front bar and also adjust. RSS rear bar, toe links F&R, adjust. drop links and the kw v3's. I have two choices on the KW v3's: 1- the stock springs 2- change the front to a 392lb swift. Tires - will either be MPSC2 or Hoosier A7

Which would you run? and why?
Old 12-05-2016, 03:45 PM
sl951
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would go just slightly stiffer than stock.
I ran 225 lb front and 350 lb rear which is slightly more than the OEM PASM springs.

400lb fronts is something I would not recommend, it will produce too much understeer especially with your GT3 front bar; even on the softest setting.

For autox, you'll want to leverage the low speed shock damping adjustment to control body movement.

By the way, I just happen to have my suspension available for sale.
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...r-caymans.html

Quick Reply: Best Spring Rates for AutoX