Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

A 987.2 Spyder Rennlist success story

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 10:46 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts
Default A 987.2 Spyder Rennlist success story

I looked at several 987.2 Spyders this spring, and ultimately bought the one in the absolutely nicest condition, with very low miles, and a CPO warranty...even though it was black. I was once a professional detailer, and am still very very fastidious, and absolutely LOVE a perfect clean car. This was my 2nd .2 Spyder, and I absolutely love the way the 987.2 Spyders look, I love the top, and find them to be some of if not the most fun car to drive on the street. All of that said, Black is just so much work to keep perfect, that my enjoyment of this car wasn't what I had hoped it would be.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a post on a thread I follow (pictures of Spyders in the wild) that a white pccb Spyder was for sale. I looked over the classified ad, and my heart sank, as I realized THIS was the car I should have waited for. Similar miles, similar levels (although different) of equipment, and super clean... but alas, I already had my Spyder. I commented with tongue in cheek on his classified thread that if someone wanted my Black Spyder Id pay up for this white one... its a Beautiful car!!

fast forward a couple days, and I get a message asking if my car was really for sale.. a few pictures, and a few emails, and a phone call, and my black car was sold (pending my buying the white one), the next day, I flew to NJ and checked out the white one, It was absolutely as represented, and I agreed to purchase on the spot. The wire transfers were made both ways, shipping was arranged , and viola all three rennlisters are happy campers!!!!

Did I pay too much? yeah, maybe a little, but when the right car comes around, you have to jump on it, it may not ever happen again, you're either in or your out.

The black car was delivered Thursday, and my new white car arrived today... during our GT4 Spyder get together... couldn't have planned that if I tried!!!

Adios to the black beauty:

White car being loaded:

Arrival!!

After a Wash and Plate installed:

At home with the family!

Old 10-29-2016, 11:00 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Congrats
Old 10-29-2016, 11:21 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Great collection
Old 10-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,282 Likes on 593 Posts

Nice collection bro. And fantastic job with the swap-a-roo. Amazing and glad you have the Spyder that lights you up. It fits right in with your collection of greats. More details please. MT? LWBS?
Old 10-30-2016, 12:50 AM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

I did the same thing when another Members pts speed yellow came up for sale, but I kept my white one too!! I think 987.2 spyders are the best looking modern porsche and a bargain compared to the new spyder, but not for long as I have been seeing a lot of people here adding them to their collections
Old 10-30-2016, 01:00 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Holy smokes to accomplish a sale and purchase within a 2 week span is absolutely crazy! That's like finding two needles in a haystack.

Congrats on the new Spyder, having PCCB's is a rarity for sure.

So who snagged the black one?
Old 10-30-2016, 01:05 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,725 Likes on 946 Posts

Congrats! I'm not going to lie... I considered buying that same Carrara White Spyder when it popped up. If it had Factory Black Spyder Wheels, I would have!
Glad you snagged it! It looks like a treat!
Old 10-30-2016, 12:52 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tasman
Congrats
Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
Great collection
Thank you!! Im a lucky guy!!!

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Nice collection bro. And fantastic job with the swap-a-roo. Amazing and glad you have the Spyder that lights you up. It fits right in with your collection of greats. More details please. MT? LWBS?
It does fit just right, Thanks. Its about the perfect build, LWB, 6spd, PCCB, Alcantera int package, sport shift, sport exhaust...The only dig on the original build is the Carrera wheels, instead of the Spyder wheels, but It will be running black Spyder wheels, while the original wheels sit in storage.

Originally Posted by jvmax
I did the same thing when another Members pts speed yellow came up for sale, but I kept my white one too!! I think 987.2 spyders are the best looking modern porsche and a bargain compared to the new spyder, but not for long as I have been seeing a lot of people here adding them to their collections
WOW, a PTS 987 Spyder is a rare one indeed.. i had the opportunity to buy the blue on when it was still on its first owner..wish I had done that then!!!

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Holy smokes to accomplish a sale and purchase within a 2 week span is absolutely crazy! That's like finding two needles in a haystack.

Congrats on the new Spyder, having PCCB's is a rarity for sure.

So who snagged the black one?
Everything just fell into place, it was meant to be!!! The funny thing is the seller of the white one, and the buyer of the Black one live 30 miles apart...Im closer to 1000 miles away from both of them.

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
Congrats! I'm not going to lie... I considered buying that same Carrara White Spyder when it popped up. If it had Factory Black Spyder Wheels, I would have!
Glad you snagged it! It looks like a treat!
Thanks, I agree on the wheels, but it will be running black spyder wheels while the oe wheels sit in storage.

I SO wanted to go drive it this am, but alas, its wet out and the car is just too clean...
Old 10-30-2016, 01:52 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats to the OP for pulling it off. It speaks volumes to your passion for these cars. Bang for the buck the 987.2 spyders are almost impossible to beat. I dont think your overpaid ... You just bought it a little too early coz one day you will realize that you actually underpaid. Again we all wish you years of joyful motoring. I rarely wash my spyder .. A clean car detracts me from driving it and I see it unhappy when its not being driven
Old 10-30-2016, 06:57 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SJJ28

WOW, a PTS 987 Spyder is a rare one indeed.. i had the opportunity to buy the blue on when it was still on its first owner..wish I had done that then!!!
I was the original owner of that PTS Riviera Blue Spyder
Old 10-30-2016, 09:37 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
I was the original owner of that PTS Riviera Blue Spyder
I thought Graham was,,, were there 2?
Old 10-31-2016, 12:38 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Graham had a RB 981 S that he ordered for his GF. I didn't think he had a RB 987 Spyder AND a 981 S, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:12 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Nope... only one. I bought it from Walters Porsche.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Maybe it was this one?
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/...r/IMG_0656.jpg
Old 10-31-2016, 10:07 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
IIRC, I don't think so..

BTW, congrats to OP. I'm looking for another Spyder myself.

Quick Reply: A 987.2 Spyder Rennlist success story