Yellow warning on 981 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:08 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Yellow warning on 981 Spyder

981 Spyder - "STEERING NOT SUPPORTED, ADAPTED DRIVING ALLOWED"

My red car with only 5k miles is giving me a yellow warning light and telling me that my steering is not supported and only adapted driving is allowed. This came out of the blue and I can't think of any reason why this was prompted. Taking her in tomorrow to Walters. Anyone else have such an experience yet?
Old 07-20-2016, 05:23 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Anyone else have such an experience yet?
No problems here. Wondering if this is somehow tangentially related to the damage your red car suffered in that unfortunate incident you reported on several weeks back. Can't remember if front end damage resulted from that incident, but if so it's not a stretch to think the steering may have also been impacted.

Sorry to hear about this and the clutch concern voiced in another thread. Hope you can get it sorted. Good luck.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:35 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
No problems here. Wondering if this is somehow tangentially related to the damage your red car suffered in that unfortunate incident you reported on several weeks back. Can't remember if front end damage resulted from that incident, but if so it's not a stretch to think the steering may have also been impacted.

Sorry to hear about this and the clutch concern voiced in another thread. Hope you can get it sorted. Good luck.

I will report back when I have it looked at tomorrow. It came out of the blue so I'm just baffled - but you are right to think it might be related to the road damage I suffered in New Mexico.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Always good to mention those 'details', so you don't scare people saying it came 'out of the blues'. Details of the accident would be nice too, to understand how delicate or strong our cars are. Anyway, hopefully all your EPS needs is to be 'zeroed in'. But if you're not feeling power assist, it'd be deeper than that. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:59 AM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you ever get the download on this? Mine is doing it as well with no damage or contact.... odd.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts
Default Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?

In my experience jeanrabelais, and it's happened to me multiple times, this occurs when your car discovers that you are cheating on it (I.e. have a deposit on another and have it for sale).

This occurred when I started snooping around (AKA cheating) on my 2006 C2S and she sheered off the flywheel (WTF? No sound or anyting) and with my 2008 TT cab (engine fan quit working, CEL on etc...).

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?

Last edited by Zeus993; 07-18-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But I was only looking.....

Quick Reply: Yellow warning on 981 Spyder