Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 987 owner here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 08:13 PM
P-on
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 987 owner here!

I purchased the vehicle below and drove the 8 1/2 hours from Detroit to Upstate NY today. What a great car! After a 911SC and a 944S2 this is a welcome change. I am in love already. Welcome me to "this club" now!

I want to give a shout out to the seller who was gracious and accommodating in every way possible. Of all my transactions in life, real estate, business, autos...this was the most thorough and cooperative seller I've EVER dealt with. Thank you George. You're a class act, and that is the honest truth. Most Porsche owners have been great, but he's been the best.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-w-carfax.html
Old 05-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Congrats! You have some great roads in Upstate Ny to enjoy. Where in upstate to you live? I grew up outside of Utica in New Hartford. Summer's were fantastic and it's one of the most beautiful states in the country.

Enjoy in good health.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a beauty! Congrats. I love the lobster fork wheels.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:08 AM
P-on
Instructor

Thank you! Upstate near Binghamton. Cloudiest city in the country. No joke.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:19 AM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats!
Old 05-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Hey! Congrats and welcome to the Forum. You'll find more friendly people here who really love this car. And what's not to love? It's just the best driving car bang for your buck. And what a great car your got - the mileage is nothing and you got the good Sport Seats with the extra side bolsters. These are important as you will find out (or already have) that this car corners like nothing else. Have fun and see you around!

Last edited by Zeus993; 05-16-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:25 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by P-on
I am in love already. Welcome me to "this club" now!
P-on, GREAT pickup! Really love those wheels on the 987.

I see you have that raised line running north to south which is visible under the airbag cover on your steering wheel. I had an '05 Box S and it had the very same thing. At first I thought it didn't look quite right and might be a defect, but I've seen it other 987s so I think it is fairly common (in case you were wondering).

Enjoy this great car!

P.S. - That was a nice shout out to George. Always great to hear about sellers that go above and beyond. Helps to restore our faith in humanity!
Old 05-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Gfxbt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by P-on
I purchased the vehicle below and drove the 8 1/2 hours from Detroit to Upstate NY today. What a great car! After a 911SC and a 944S2 this is a welcome change. I am in love already. Welcome me to "this club" now!

I want to give a shout out to the seller who was gracious and accommodating in every way possible. Of all my transactions in life, real estate, business, autos...this was the most thorough and cooperative seller I've EVER dealt with. Thank you George. You're a class act, and that is the honest truth. Most Porsche owners have been great, but he's been the best.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-w-carfax.html
Thanks Andy, glad you're enjoying the car. I'd say the same for the buyer, but he's the jerk who left me with an empty garage (see below).

Just kidding - Thanks for the kind words.

Glad you are enjoying the car and I'm very happy it went to a good home. Thanks for going out of your way to make the transaction easy for us both. When I sell the next one, I hope it's to another buyer like you.

Enjoy the car in good health, and don't forget to send me pictures every now and again like you promised!
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2016, 10:09 PM
P-on
Instructor

George I almost have a tear in my eye with that empty space in your garage! You're a class act. Here's what I whole heartedly suggest: go buy a very nice low mile white Spyder with tan leather, maintain it like the one you just sold me, and call me in a year or two and we'll do another deal You were a pleasure to work with, honestly. Of course, I've had nothing but RAIN since I've been home, but such is my luck. Keep the shiny side up and thanks again

to George.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:52 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad you like your new to you car. Rennlist is a good forum. I am glad you posted.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:08 AM
P-on
Instructor

Originally Posted by john weires
Glad you like your new to you car. Rennlist is a good forum. I am glad you posted.
I'm glad you're glad I posted. I was on here a lot years ago for my 911SC and 944S2. It is great to be back to be honest.

Quick Reply: New 987 owner here!