Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 08' Boxster S 6 spd. in Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Canica
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 08' Boxster S 6 spd. in Mexico

Hello everyone! I have finally joined this great forum after lurking for a few months, mainly in the 928 section. I am a 53 year old male located in Mexico City and a recently retired Lawyer. My previous experience with Porsches goes back to 1995 when I owned for two years 928 US s/n # 435. I decided I had to have a new hobby and have just purchased a Guards Red, 6 speed manual, 2008 Boxster S with 21,300 miles on the clock. The car had its engine changed at 7,187 miles for a brand new Porsche original replacement engine at an authorized dealer. Past ownership and service history is documented. PPI at my local dealership went well and the need for new clutch, wind deflector, front rotors, glovebox, and tires was identified, as well as the need to repair a minor oil leak; with the intention of beginning my ownership with the right foot, I have included in the to do list, before I start using the car, the draining, flush and re-fill of the cooling system, change of gearbox oil, change of power steering fluid, change of engine oil and filter, change of air and cabin filters, change of sparkplugs, change of alternator and water pump belt, change of brake fluid, inspection of all water drains, wheel alignment, draining and re-filling the headlight/ wiper wash system and installation of USB/ iPod port. I would be grateful for your views on whether I am missing something in my list. Best regards!
Old 05-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Georound
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello and Welcome!
Sounds like a great car with low mileage.
Enjoy!
Most of the activity here is focused on the new Spyder lately. But all the posts are there to search.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Canica
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Georound for your kind reply! Best,
Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Georound
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an guards red 05 Boxster. Base, tiptronic however.
I replaced the waterpump, air and oil separator and of the Cv joint boots on a drive shaft. All by 43,000 miles. Had to fix the top. The plastic pivots broke twice and the tension rope/elastic bands stretched out. All typical issues. I posted some threads about them if you search by user, you should find them.
I now have a guards red 981 Boxster S with 6 speed.
I'm in Tulume this week.
Enjoy your retirement!
George

I also replaced the Battery as well, but no other issues.

Quick Reply: New 08' Boxster S 6 spd. in Mexico