Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone (a gm?) told me here that one person bought 4 Spyders.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvinta
I have a 2011 E90 335xi. Love it. Will drive it till the wheels fall off. No car does what that car does.
My incoming 340xi will
Old 05-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Meth is a helluva drug
Lol. Don't worry I'll put it back together again Minus virtually anything that's not essential (carpets, sound dampening material, etc. not to mention replacing the front bonnet with a carbon fiber one etc. ) I'd like to see how much lighter I can make the car. Just for fun. Never happen, but who knows maybe I will win the lotto.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:46 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Sorry my negativity was a knee jerk reaction to the 335I cab. I had a 135 with the n54 it was a very good car.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:00 PM
FrugalB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Sorry my negativity was a knee jerk reaction to the 335I cab. I had a 135 with the n54 it was a very good car.
I took no offense. I love my sedan. With Jb4, PSS9's and full exhaust/intake, its faster than an e9X m3. It's not a daily either, but can't find anything else that comes close for the money. Too each their own. I'm just excited for my Spyder, which should be at the dealer anyday!!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrugalB
I took no offense. I love my sedan. With Jb4, PSS9's and full exhaust/intake, its faster than an e9X m3. It's not a daily either, but can't find anything else that comes close for the money. Too each their own. I'm just excited for my Spyder, which should be at the dealer anyday!!
No offense intended because the sedan is something else and I've always been a fan of the sedan and the wagon.

Can you share a bit about your Spyder that's coming?
Old 05-10-2016, 09:07 PM
FrugalB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense intended because the sedan is something else and I've always been a fan of the sedan and the wagon.

Can you share a bit about your Spyder that's coming?
sure.

Carrara White
2 ways -heated
Std interior
PDLS
Sport Tips
tinted taillights
Bose
Light Design, with Dimming
Satin Platinum wheels

Tried to go as basic as I could. Only thing I think I might regret is no LWB, but I don't plan on tracking this car, and the wife will probably use this as well (if I let her!)
Hopefully have pics by this weekend..........
Old 05-10-2016, 09:50 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

sure.

Carrara White
2 ways -heated
Std interior
PDLS
Sport Tips
tinted taillights
Bose
Light Design, with Dimming
Satin Platinum wheels

Tried to go as basic as I could. Only thing I think I might regret is no LWB, but I don't plan on tracking this car, and the wife will probably use this as well (if I let her!)
Hopefully have pics by this weekend..........
Did you go for heated seats? Anyway,
I predict a huge smile on your face. Just saying.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterk814
I would doubt one person got 3 allocations of the 918 with the number released to NA
It was confirmed by many in and outside the dealership. He shown me the specs of the third 918.

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Three 918's? He should have taken him on the space shuttle.
Well, I would settle for a commercial when it's fully paid! Considering the buyer was a CEO, must have been a First Class cabin!

Originally Posted by zirrah
Commission on that had to be pretty good
Didn't ask him, as it would have been inappropriate. I am sure deals were cut.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:22 PM
kskpsu
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I can confirm what Rider is preaching...the 3 918s are just pieces to a larger collection of impressive automobiles.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 874 Likes on 385 Posts

Yup, there are a few lucky owners with 3+ 918s with 3+ 911Rs....
Old 05-12-2016, 03:31 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Just want to close this thread with announcement that our buyer has come forward in another thread. Perhaps it was an open secret for those in the know, but it was news to this Porsche-neophyte.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just want to close this thread with announcement that our buyer has come forward in another thread. Perhaps it was an open secret for those in the know, but it was news to this Porsche-neophyte.
yes i bot a few, just like them and seems like quite a bit of car for the $$$... nothing more than that.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:29 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NYC123
yes i bot a few, just like them and seems like quite a bit of car for the $$$... nothing more than that.
Well, I think I was looking for confirmation that I wasn't crazy for loving this car and thinking it was d'bomb (as people say) and considering it a value (at 100k) and going from zero cars to two Porsche in a year.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I finally got a chance to sit in LWBs for a while this week. And, for me at least, there is no way I would ever spec them in a street car. I'm sure they're awesome on the track, but the lack of angle adjustment, the tightness of the bolstering in the thighs and the difficulty I had getting in and out of them was enough for me to know that could never live with them in a street car.

Personal preference. They're not for everyone.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:19 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I finally got a chance to sit in LWBs for a while this week. And, for me at least, there is no way I would ever spec them in a street car. I'm sure they're awesome on the track, but the lack of angle adjustment, the tightness of the bolstering in the thighs and the difficulty I had getting in and out of them was enough for me to know that could never live with them in a street car.

Personal preference. They're not for everyone.
Personal Preference and personal situation as well because they are rather small compared to the "sofas". I'm 6'3 and luckily in ok shape but if I didn't exercise and I just let myself go then I probably would NOT fit in them. And getting out of them is just really awkward and may become a pita. Honestly the heated seats for some us was also a factor on not doing them too and then there was the extra cost on a pretty important car component that not everyone was able to try out first (in my case). I plan on driving with the 2 ways more often. I might have a more negative opinion of the LwBS after a couple 9 hour rides this weekend, but I hope not for my sake.

Quick Reply: Someone (a gm?) told me here that one person bought 4 Spyders.