Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Carbon bucket Spyder for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 09:51 PM
rsixx6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Carbon bucket Spyder for sale

As some on the board already know I'm selling my Spyder http://www.avaziauto.com/2012_Porsch..._262054875.veh .. because of an R8 purchase and I decided that my friend Ardy @ Avazi Auto was going to handle it for me but of course if a RennLister was interested, I'd be glad to work w/ them on a price that could make everyone happy. Car only has 6k miles

Here are some high Rez photos in case someone who comes across the thread is interested in seeing up close shots:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1039083...eat=directlink

It's a purist ultra light weight build - LWB, AC-Delete Boxster Spyder Trunk Lid Delete optioned car w/ a short shifter and Radio. 100% all original paint - clean car.

FWIW: Fellow Rennlister Jehu999 did perform a PPI from a local PCA approved shop and it came back with a glowing review
Old 05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

I posted this over on the MacanForum.com It's the perfect stable mate for a Macan.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:20 AM
rsixx6
Advanced

I appreciate it Joel. Thank you
Old 05-06-2016, 03:37 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm curious why you went over to the dark side (Audi). I've driven the R8, and it's a really nice car but I've found the Audis to be a bit lacking in character, and without the visceral feedback that you get from a Porsche. I'm guessing that you don't feel the same? Or was there something else that attracted you to it?

Or maybe, like I do far too often, you just wanted something different.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:40 PM
rsixx6
Advanced

As i stated to Ashfin personally since he has first hand experience, If I were living out west where the roads were nice and twisty and I could really get the most of the Spyder, I'd keep it. Unfortunately, out in the Northeast you're very limited in extracting all of the fun out of the car due to roads and seasons. The R8 was more practical and I have an equal love for it (albeit for different reasons) So to answer your question - I feel the same as you do... just live in the wrong area to enjoy it as much as I could elsewhere.

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I'm curious why you went over to the dark side (Audi). I've driven the R8, and it's a really nice car but I've found the Audis to be a bit lacking in character, and without the visceral feedback that you get from a Porsche. I'm guessing that you don't feel the same? Or was there something else that attracted you to it?

Or maybe, like I do far too often, you just wanted something different.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

Rare ac delete option.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:27 PM
rsixx6
Advanced

Thanks, I'll take all the luck i can get.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:17 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by rsixx6
Thanks, I'll take all the luck i can get.
Was the AC delete intentional?
Old 05-06-2016, 09:24 PM
rsixx6
Advanced

AC delete was an option the original owner decided upon. I think he went for the lightest possible configuration w/ a Radio. He succeeded. With that said, I'm well aware there are 3 types of Spyder buyers/owners. The type who need AC, the type who think they need AC and the type who know they won't ever use it. Clearly I too am / was in that latter group.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:29 AM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

great car , good luck
Old 05-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

AC delete was an option the original owner decided upon. I think he went for the lightest possible configuration w/ a Radio. He succeeded. With that said, I'm well aware there are 3 types of Spyder buyers/owners. The type who need AC, the type who think they need AC and the type who know they won't ever use it. Clearly I too am / was in that latter group.
I have AC Delete and never really miss it. Maybe in SOCAL I would but it's just so nice the way it is with the top down. The other day I drove with top off, both windows down, and the centre wind screen window removed to get some good air movement. Totally fine.

Next project: remove the ridiculously crappy sounding PCM and save 7 lbs!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Even in SoCal the AC isn't a necessity. In Kansas in August it helped but realistically the canopy would need to be on for it to help. I sometimes wish I didn't order it to save the 12 lbs and more importantly eliminate the future maintenance.

In fact that was one of the other big draws of the 987.2 Spyder, I knew if I didn't go crazy with the options I would have an analog experience with modern capabilities in a car that won't be difficult to maintain or diagnose myself. When the top finally wears and needs replacement it will be a snap to do. Suspension has no sensors or electronics so repair will be limited to the shocks and bushings, easy enough. Seats have no motors or significant mechanicals either. I didn't order HID intentionally as I didn't want the suspension sensors or the moving parts in the lights so no maintenance or added weight there either. Standard Lights are adequate for me.

As for the radio, yeah it's useless at speeds above 55 unless the windows are up. But I find that I use it on the canyon runs and it's a nice compliment to the PSE exhaust.

Good luck with the sale Rick, someone will be getting a special car at IMHO a good price.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:31 PM
rsixx6
Advanced

Thank you for the kind words.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:47 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Stunning car, and a rarity with that AC delete! GLWS!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 PM
kskpsu
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm the latter as well. But I'm type 4 and 5.....the type that thinks I need it for resale, and the type that agrees with type 3 and carries that extra weight for no reason since they will probably never sell it. Maybe all that falls under type 2

Best of luck, beautiful car.

Quick Reply: My Carbon bucket Spyder for sale