Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ideas on replacing the CDR30 in my Cayman R with a better stereo/head unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default ideas on replacing the CDR30 in my Cayman R with a better stereo/head unit

Done some searching but haven't found the definitive thread on replacing the head unit (and speakers too) in my Cayman R. Please let me know if you have been through this process and can help me get started. I want better sound, the ability to run Waze and play music from my iPhone 6 on the head unit, and the ability to plug in music stored on a USB stick. Porsche is supporting AppleTalk through their new PCM 4 head unit on new cars. Would be nice to have that kind of functionality. Pioneer has a new head unit (AVH-4200NEX) that would fit my car and has good functionality.

If you know of any quality/knowledgeable installers near Summit NJ that would be great too.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I believe Parrot has a product that can be integrated with the CDR30 but I'm not certain it will allow a thumb drive to work. http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/b...arrot-mki9200/

If you do a search I believe there is a post in this forum for an aftermarket install of a bluetooth head unit. IIRC it was also a Pioneer.

Quick Reply: ideas on replacing the CDR30 in my Cayman R with a better stereo/head unit