Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYC/Westchester/Fairfield Spyder owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 574 Likes on 217 Posts
Default NYC/Westchester/Fairfield Spyder owners

Just figured it might be nice to see some other local Spyder owners on the forum and schedule a meet up now that the weather is getting warm.

There are some great back roads in Weatchester and Fairfield that are perfect for the Spyder and it would be fun to do a group drive.

My Spyder is JBM with LWBS, full leather and platinum stitching.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:00 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Great idea. Count me in. Spyder doesn't arrive until early July but can bring the RS in the meantime. I'm in Manhattan.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:19 PM
Underblu
Banned

Originally Posted by brownan
Great idea. Count me in. Spyder doesn't arrive until early July but can bring the RS in the meantime. I'm in Manhattan.
Excellent, and an RS would be welcome and awesome. I've going to look for a couple of good driving routes and a reasonable meeting place and shoot for mid April meetup.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:15 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Westchester.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:29 PM
Underblu
Banned

hey Clinton M3 welcome.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:30 PM
JBsZ06
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This Sunday at prestige BMW a cool cars and coffee event and you'd be welcome.

Prestige BMW route 17 south 8.30 am to noon. Ramsey NJ

Lamborghini of Paramus and mclaren of Bergen county are co sponsoring this event.

I recommend you coming early. We have about 500 parking spaces available and police will be on site so please don't drive crazy when leaving.

Should have food and coffee and lots of Porsche enthusiasts ..

Hope to see you then...(FYI no charge of course)
Old 03-30-2016, 10:39 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Anyone in our area recently receive an invitation for a paid focus group from corporate? Are you going or did you go?
Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 AM
ClintonM3
Racer

Weather is suppose to be nice this Sunday. I'll probably go to Yorktown Cars and Coffee.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Underblu
Banned

Yeah weather suppose to be great all weekend. Where in yorktown?

I've been plotting out some great Porsche roads in the area. I did this drive the other day and it was fantastic. The Bronx River Parkway to 22 in Armonk then to 423/Riversville Road to John Street to Roundhill Road to Lake Street into downtown Greenwich. There is a Starbucks on the Avenue and a cigar shop around the corner for those into cars and cigars.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:47 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

count me in... I'm in lower Fairfield County.

btw, huge Caffeine and Carb event in New Canaan this Sunday. Usually gets a 500+ car turnout since it's only 4 x per year.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:04 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Originally Posted by Underblu
Yeah weather suppose to be great all weekend. Where in yorktown?

I've been plotting out some great Porsche roads in the area. I did this drive the other day and it was fantastic. The Bronx River Parkway to 22 in Armonk then to 423/Riversville Road to John Street to Roundhill Road to Lake Street into downtown Greenwich. There is a Starbucks on the Avenue and a cigar shop around the corner for those into cars and cigars.
http://www.yorktowncarsandcoffee.com/index.html
Should be a big turn out this weekend.

That's a nice drive you did. There is a C&C in New Cannaan called http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/
i've taken a route similar to yours then hit up the Meritt Pkwy to C&C.

They have an event this sunday too. But that show sometimes gets pretty fufu. A lot of collectors show up with their priceless machines, and they get there very very early, so they can be sure of a parking spot to show off. It is quite a scene, but don't expect to get a spot to park on the main strip if you show up after 7:30am.

I've also done a longer drive that starts at Kensico Dam, 22 north to Bedford, right turn at Jay St (Caramoor), Rt 121 to North Salem, left turn on to Rt116. 684 to 84, Rt311 in Carmel to Rt 301, then take 301 all the way to Cold Springs, then 9D south to Bear Mtn Rd, and ends at Peekskill traffic circle.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Underblu
Banned

Wow, that's a very nice long drive. Some great roads around bear mountain. And through northern Westchester too.

As far as parkways go The Merrit is great and proabably my favorite. There's a tunnel when you pass the New Haven area that is awesome.

The taconic is great too but the areas where LEOs can hide is daunting. I sometimes take a run up to Tanglewood and always enjoy the drive up there .

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
http://www.yorktowncarsandcoffee.com/index.html
Should be a big turn out this weekend.

That's a nice drive you did. There is a C&C in New Cannaan called http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/
i've taken a route similar to yours then hit up the Meritt Pkwy to C&C.

They have an event this sunday too. But that show sometimes gets pretty fufu. A lot of collectors show up with their priceless machines, and they get there very very early, so they can be sure of a parking spot to show off. It is quite a scene, but don't expect to get a spot to park on the main strip if you show up after 7:30am.

I've also done a longer drive that starts at Kensico Dam, 22 north to Bedford, right turn at Jay St (Caramoor), Rt 121 to North Salem, left turn on to Rt116. 684 to 84, Rt311 in Carmel to Rt 301, then take 301 all the way to Cold Springs, then 9D south to Bear Mtn Rd, and ends at Peekskill traffic circle.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Underblu
Banned

Excellent. I've heard of the New Caanan show but haven't been. I bet you're looking forward to June Jam although I'm sure the GTS and Speedster can tide you over lol.

Originally Posted by JAM2
count me in... I'm in lower Fairfield County.

btw, huge Caffeine and Carb event in New Canaan this Sunday. Usually gets a 500+ car turnout since it's only 4 x per year.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:17 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm thinking of driving up to the New Canaan show too (not Ina spider, but a Cayman). I went once a couple years ago and it was a lot of fun to walk around and see everything (including a beautiful Ferrari 275gtb).
Old 04-15-2016, 08:13 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Underblu
Excellent. I've heard of the New Caanan show but haven't been. I bet you're looking forward to June Jam although I'm sure the GTS and Speedster can tide you over lol.
Yes, definitely looking forward to June. I had a test drive in a Spyder recently, and the car is quite fun; completely different than the ClubCoupe, and more intoxicating than the Speedster. In the mean time, I will settle for the ClubCoupe.

Quick Reply: NYC/Westchester/Fairfield Spyder owners