Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Boxster S 987 3.4ltr mk2 fuel/elec system diagram

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 AM
MrNoo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Boxster S 987 3.4ltr mk2 fuel/elec system diagram

Hi all, could anyone point me in the right direction for a fuel flow diagram for this engine? I have the original in tank pump and the DFI engine. It is going into project I am building. Just not sure if there is any "return" to tank, not sure there is but want to be certain. I assume it goes from "low pressure" pump through filter and then straight onto the high pressure pump?
Also I am looking for a wiring diagram for this engine, as we plan to wire it up to a standalone ECU with injector drivers. A diagram would prove most useful.
Also the vacuum pump on the end of the cam, I assume this provides the brake servo vacuum? Which I am not using so it is safe the take the guts of this out although am unsure if this also provides the vacuum to operate the "flappy paddles" within the inlet manifold?
Are these really needed? I assume they boost the low end torque? Do the alloy inlet manifolds have these? The car will be used on the road/track and I would like to make it all as simple as possible.
Lots of questions I am afraid but very grateful for any help.
Many thanks
Old 03-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Seinsmeld13
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is your car still under warranty? If so I suggest taking it to your dealer to enquire. Good luck with your project.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:05 PM
MrNoo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not a Boxster and has no warranty, the engine is due to go into a Porsche 917 replica I have been building for the last 4 years. I am not sure what the local Porsche dealer would say if I took it to them!!
Link to pictures from Day 1 so you can see what I am on about.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/471531...57623861979360

Quick Reply: 09 Boxster S 987 3.4ltr mk2 fuel/elec system diagram