Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spyder - Beautiful!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 10:32 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spyder - Beautiful!

I have to say that the 981 Boxster Spyder is beautiful, perhaps the best looking Porsche that isn't a super- or racecar. I owned a 2001 Boxster until 2006, and have often considered getting another. The only criticism I have of the Spyder is that the Porsche stock photos don't do it justice, making it look more "hunchbacked" than it appears in the metal. Porsche, take the photos from the angles that most people will see it from!

I'm currently in a 2013 Carrera S Cabriolet, as the back seat is handy for my 6 year old, but my heart and soul are drawn to the Boxster. When he's older and the front seat is a more practical option, a Boxster will be back in the garage, and the Spyder would be awesome. To the owners of these gorgeous cars, congrats and enjoy the drive!
Old 01-18-2016, 02:02 AM
Shockwave
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 37 Posts

If i didn't get the GT4 the Spyder was next on the list. It's such a gorgeous car. I've seen only one example in person and the car was stunning.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:55 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SkipSauls
I have to say that the 981 Boxster Spyder is beautiful, perhaps the best looking Porsche that isn't a super- or racecar.............

....... as the back seat is handy for my 6 year old, but my heart and soul are drawn to the Boxster. When he's older and the front seat is a more practical option, a Boxster will be back in the garage, and the Spyder would be awesome. To the owners of these gorgeous cars, congrats and enjoy the drive!
Agree; the Spyder looks pretty cool in flesh. More beautiful than the pictures. I consider myself a 911 fan; but, the only 911 I care for is GT3. I am also a hardcore rag-top driver; so, GT3 becomes pointless! But, I might make an exception. In the meantime, the Spyder should provide street-legal fun! You should be ready for the next gen Spyder in 3-4 years!

Quick Reply: Spyder - Beautiful!