Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track tires... again

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 PM
997 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on my second set of 19" Dunlop Race Maxx on my Spyder. Don't want cause waves, but these are the really great tires. I run PCA white run group and I need to start considering suspension modifications to get more negative camber. I think you will hear more of these new tires in the future.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:09 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
Joe,

Do you have acceleration and braking 'numbers' for the Prius tires versus the others (any/all)?
That was the primary thing I noticed in my BRZ drive - unintended wheelspin pulling away from almost every stop with the stock setup.

My dislike of the MPSSs aside...
It'd be interesting to see the G-curve through a decent length corner. Back when I was using a G-Analyst tool, peak Gs meant very little compared to how long those peaks could be maintained. Do your numbers (I'm assuming from the SOLO DL) show values for every tenth of a second?
Sorry, it's still not out of the box.... where's that embarrassed emoticon?

Steve
Steve, the solo's internal accelerometer logs at 50Hz, so it's a data point every 0.02 seconds. The G numbers I am citing are not maximum G's. Maximum peak G can go as high as 1.8 depending on banking, etc. The numbers I am giving you are G's that can be sustained. Anything higher and you will hear the tires screeching and starting to break away. Take a look at my videos and you'll see. I've found that if I don't hit 1.2 G through a corner on the spyder it means I could have gone faster through the corner.

I haven't look at braking numbers or acceleration number for the OEM Prius tires.

Quick Reply: Track tires... again