Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 09:29 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I'm not sure what the point is for the dash timer, seems like another gimmick to make the car look sportier.

sfo's comment on the sport suspension is a good point. The sport suspension is incredible and at the same time very comfortable. But if ride height is a concern I can understand wanting to avoid it.

If you haven't already gone to a dealer and seen the difference between a standard interior and full leather interior I would suggest doing so. If you like the look in the pictures you will see that it has a far greater impact in person.
Very true, the full leather does add alot of impact. Especially the two tone... amber would be amazing with that shade of blue!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MB quote: I'm not sure what the point is for the dash timer, seems like another gimmick to make the car look sportier.

It's a beautifully crafted, cool looking device I only used once to confirm that it was functional.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:55 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FullThrottle64
So the real benefit in Sport Chrono with a 6MT is just the display and dash dial?
IMO, yes. as the manual gearbox weight does not require dynamic mounts.

-20mm is actually only -10mm lower than PASM as PASM is -10mm from standard.

19" wheels provide a very compliant ride, with -20mm, it will be firm, but not crashy, and feel taut and stiff .. not that I have driven one.

also agree re: full leather interior as it transforms the interior. very very few cars are available with full leather interior .. hardly any Audis, only high end Mercs, Bentleys etc.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Z25MN6
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FullThrottle64
Thinking about either buying a CPO Cayman S or ordering this build. Anyone care to share thoughts on why this would be a good or bad build? Anything I'm missing that I'll regret, or something that doesn't go together well? Planned use is daily driver, with occasional autocross or track day (I already have a pure race car).

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/por...de/?c=PE4B28D2
Sorry if I'm a day late and a dollar short on this reply, but I don't see any notice in this thread that you've actually ordered the car yet. Having just gone through the ordering process twice (2014 Cayenne and 2014 Boxster), I know how highly personal this can be. So I'll save any reference to highly personal preferences such as color choice. But to all, I'd say that it is silly in this day and age not to order any new Porsche without the so-called Smoker Package. (Are you listening, dealers?) It is a zero cost option, and you get an extra 12v port for nothing. Plus, a nice cover over what would otherwise just be a hole in the console. Even if you don't have a use for it today, you might get a new phone/radar detector/iPad/something-new-not-yet-invented to charge in the car without having to resort to a dorky multiplug for another of the 12v ports. Just because it's CALLED a smoker option doesn't mean you have to smoke in the car. (I'm about as militant a non-smoker as you can find.) Just my two cents.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:25 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

sport chrono has shift light and maybe, auto blipper in sportplus mode? auto blipper not impt for me but shift light could be useful

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this build?