Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease on a CPO/Used Cayman?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Aero_Engineer
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease on a CPO/Used Cayman?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience leasing used or CPO Porsches. I'm looking into leasing a 2009-2011 Cayman or Cayman S and want to get an idea of how these stack up financially versus a new car lease. If I were to get a crappy lease deal on a $42-50k Cayman, I'd probably look into a 2013 Boxster base lease which I'd expect to be significantly more per month.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:56 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

As a general rule most Porsche dealers don't offer leases on used cars because the monthly payments aren't low enough to lure buyers away from new car leases. I would imagine that the lease payments for a base Boxster would be relatively attractive.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
As a general rule most Porsche dealers don't offer leases on used cars because the monthly payments aren't low enough to lure buyers away from new car leases. I would imagine that the lease payments for a base Boxster would be relatively attractive.
Agreed. In fact, used/CPO lease payments are almost certainly higher than a new car, due to extremely low dollar base residuals, and high money factors. And it is not up to the dealer, rather the bank/leasing company. In theory, it is a higher risk for them to lease out older cars, so they don't make it attractive. Since the banks are still the owners of the car when leasing them out to consumers, they do not want to get the car back after 5-6 years on the road.

Lease a new one. Buy a used one.

Quick Reply: Lease on a CPO/Used Cayman?