Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking question

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM
quadgirl
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Locking question

Hi, everyone.
I sold my beloved 2005 Boxster in July, bought a BMW 335i and just could not live with it. Took a big financial hit, but last weekend bought my newest beloved: a 2007 Boxster, mostly plain with sound system plus, manual seats and such, in beautiful cobalt blue and sea blue interior. I LOVE it! But, believe it or not, it seems a bit different from the '05. One, it seems louder (love that!) and seems to ride a bit rougher (don't care), and I thought the Bose system in previous boxster wasn't too good, but now know it was much better than this one (still, no biggie). Ultimately - I love driving this car and my month and a half without it was ridiculous. Now, I do have a question. I seem to have automatic door locks (do not like this) and have to pull on door handle twice to get out. I pushed the locking button in the car (center of center console) and it won't seem to deactivate this. Is there some trick to just making the locks be un-automatic? Or, does a dealer have to do this? I bought the car in Florida, but live in SC, so don't want to take in the shop just yet if I can do this myself. Thanks for any help and any comments regarding differences in these models. I'm so glad to be back in a Boxster!! And especially cobalt. Oh - I will continue to search here, but if there is a way to get some bass or better sound from these speakers, I'd love to know how/who can do it. Not sure I could trust this car to some car audio places and I don't know what MOST is, but evidently that makes it difficult to upgrade the sound system. Ok - thanks in advance!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by quadgirl
Hi, everyone.
I sold my beloved 2005 Boxster in July, bought a BMW 335i and just could not live with it. Took a big financial hit, but last weekend bought my newest beloved: a 2007 Boxster, mostly plain with sound system plus, manual seats and such, in beautiful cobalt blue and sea blue interior. I LOVE it! But, believe it or not, it seems a bit different from the '05. One, it seems louder (love that!) and seems to ride a bit rougher (don't care), and I thought the Bose system in previous boxster wasn't too good, but now know it was much better than this one (still, no biggie). Ultimately - I love driving this car and my month and a half without it was ridiculous. Now, I do have a question. I seem to have automatic door locks (do not like this) and have to pull on door handle twice to get out. I pushed the locking button in the car (center of center console) and it won't seem to deactivate this. Is there some trick to just making the locks be un-automatic? Or, does a dealer have to do this? I bought the car in Florida, but live in SC, so don't want to take in the shop just yet if I can do this myself. Thanks for any help and any comments regarding differences in these models. I'm so glad to be back in a Boxster!! And especially cobalt. Oh - I will continue to search here, but if there is a way to get some bass or better sound from these speakers, I'd love to know how/who can do it. Not sure I could trust this car to some car audio places and I don't know what MOST is, but evidently that makes it difficult to upgrade the sound system. Ok - thanks in advance!
Congrats, on the returning to the family. Yes, if you activate the automatic door locks, then in order to open the door via the door handle pull you must pull it twice. Is yours set so that it locks the car once the car starts moving at say 3-5mph? Mine is not set for that and I can unlock the doors just by pushing the automatic door lock button.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer reprogram not to lock doors @ drive off.

More base =more power to push bigger cones which pushes more air. Not as straight forward with a MediaOrientedSystemTransport (fiber optic) system.

BD

Quick Reply: Locking question