Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS 60 SPYDER official rennlist registry

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Daniwheel
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Congrats, Daniel. Nice pick up Once you take possession be sure to post some pics.

See post #280 above. I haven't had an takers for the RS60 materials so if you are interested, let me know and I'll get them off in the mail to you.

Enjoy!
Thanks a bunch!! I'll surely post pictures when I get it. My first Porsche and I'm pretty excited about it.

I'll send you a private message regarding the RS60 materials.

Cheers
Daniel
Old 01-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

^^^^Daniel, I got your message but failed to jot down your address after reading it and now I can't find your message. It wasn't a PM but some other type of message and it doesn't appear to be saved anywhere in my settings. Apologies!
Old 01-19-2017, 05:43 PM
gupton1rs60
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all! I purchased number 1689 two days ago. 60K miles, Manual trans., Red interior, red roof. I live in Athens, GA (USA).
Old 01-19-2017, 08:25 PM
cut2music
6th Gear

Hello fellow RS60 happy owners...

Love my baby. Have done a few upgrades and refreshing things to it and almost hate to drive it as she looks brand new. Don't ever drive it in the rain and it's rained a ton in So Cal lately.

I have all of a sudden gotten a few inquires about my RS60 trunk logo I had made. Originally I got a bid from a place in the UK to have one made and it was over $700. Pass. I then thought about a place I've used in the past to make interior signage for post productions studios I have designed. They were thrilled to do it and did a killer job. After I got it we talked and they said they could pretty much do any changes I wanted like mirror finished stainless steel or painting of the logo. I also thought after I put mine on that I "might want" the RS60 part a little bigger or maybe the entire thing bigger but my wife and son who is also a Porsche owner says I'm nuts. I agree with them but I do think I am going to order a mirror finished one though this stainless steel with natural finish does look pretty awesome. I did whip out the Dremmel tool and polished it a bit before I put it on.

Point of all this rambling is...if I can get three or more orders, and I will add to that, I think I can get the price down from the $250 I paid to $200. I am not 100% sure that includes any special colors but I do know the mirror finish is the same price as the finish I have now. It takes a few weeks to arrive as it comes from the mideast, as in over there mideast, but mine took about three weeks to get to Southern California which I thought was pretty awesome considering where it came from and the turmoil over there.

I'm not in this as a business so please understand that but I love Porsche's and have yet to meet a fellow Porsche owner I didn't like. Let me know if ya'll are interested and I will gladly get this happening.

Cheers,
Don
Old 01-21-2017, 04:26 AM
PowerFlower
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Might want two and then put them on the doors (low front, like the GTS). Maybe just "Spyder".

Do you have any better pics of yours?
Old 01-23-2017, 03:18 PM
cut2music
6th Gear

Default Logo contact

So contact Ted at:
sales@yourcustomemblem.com

Ted is the who will make the best deal and do whatever he can to make you happy. You mt refer to DON (me) with the RS 60 emblem so as he set up a new division for us.

Let me know how things go and if any issues call me at 1-818-358-4151.
My recording studio in Studio City CA
I've dealt with Ted a lot and have a good rapport with him.

Be specific on the size and finish and if it's OK to use the door sill template we created.

Good Luck!
Don Wilson
Old 04-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Don Diego
1st Gear

Default My RS60

La Libertad
El Salvador
Red interior
Black top
Manual gearbox
Old 10-07-2017, 04:22 PM
user 8830374
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buyer for RS 60 spyder with black interior.

Buyer for RS 60 spyder with dark gray interior/top

Please send me a PM

Last edited by user 8830374; 10-11-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:16 PM
user 8830374
Banned

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
Buyer for RS 60 spyder with dark gray interior/top

Please send me a PM
Possible car located!
Thanks to the Rennlister who helped out..
We'll see how it turns out.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 11-18-2017, 11:26 AM
user 8830374
Banned

Possible car located!
Thanks to the Rennlister who helped out..
We'll see how it turns out.
Originally Posted by chuck v
2 are listed in this months Pano. Already forgot details but one is a tip.

Chuck
Earlier this week I was trying to move forward on what looked like a great car (the 8,000 mile Panorama car in FL)
The seller turned out to be extremely hard to deal with and he wasted a lot of my time.

I had struck a deal and was going to fly out to close it, Received a call from the seller a couple days later. Said he'd sold the car to a dealer for more money....I still see the car for sale on cars.com so this is probably BS!

If anyone sees this car turn up for sale at a dealer, let me know.
Finders fee applies!

​​​​​​​ Thanks

Last edited by user 8830374; 11-19-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:11 PM
user 8830374
Banned

Earlier this week I was trying to move forward on what looked like a great car (the 8,000 mile Panorama car in FL)
The seller turned out to be extremely hard to deal with and he wasted a lot of my time.

I had struck a deal and was going to fly out to close it, Received a call from the seller a couple days later. Said he'd sold the car to a dealer for more money....I still see the car for sale on cars.com
Thanks
If anyone sees this car turn up for sale at a dealer, let me know.
Finders fee applies!

Last edited by user 8830374; 02-01-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Daniwheel
Rennlist Member

Red face Adding mileage dillema

Gents,
I got my RS60 2 or 3 years ago with little over 20k miles and I absolutely love this thing... there's something about the combination of the minor improvements/options and that sport exhaust that makes this car so insanely addictive (I also have a few common sense upgrades like Pilot Sport Cup 2, upgrade ECU and intake from Sharkeworks to unleash the Flat 6).
I drove it for roughly 2000 miles in the first year of ownership, only in special occasions with the local Porsche club where I lived in OR, but now that I moved to UT and there are tons of beautiful canyon drives and we found a good babysitter I'm not being able to help myself and go for drives almost every weekend... result is that in a couple of months I've added 5k miles to the odometer! As it approaches the 30k mark I'm starting to freak out.

How do you guys deal with this sort of dilemma? I think I would feel less bad if it was a regular Boxer, but the fact that it's a special edition really gets me wary of the depreciation.

Daniel
Old 04-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

How do I deal with it? I drive it! Who cares about the mileage? My Spyder has almost 40k and I wish I could drive it more. Porsches are very different cars. They do well with higher mileages and still hold their value. I like what Jerry Seinfeld said on Spike radio podcast - "No one gets to heaven and get's extra points for not driving their cars" (or something like this).

You've moved to a part of the world with canyons. Do you know how many people are insanely ENVIOUS of that? Drive it more!
The following 2 users liked this post by Zeus993:
#628 RS60 Spyder (01-21-2020), KLOC (12-29-2022)
Old 04-16-2018, 02:02 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniwheel
. . . . I'm not being able to help myself and go for drives almost every weekend... result is that in a couple of months I've added 5k miles to the odometer!
Good for you! These cars can handle the mileage and frequent mileage and regular use keeps everything working properly as it should. Not a bad thing!

Originally Posted by Daniwheel
As it approaches the 30k mark I'm starting to freak out. How do you guys deal with this sort of dilemma? I think I would feel less bad if it was a regular Boxer, but the fact that it's a special edition really gets me wary of the depreciation.Daniel
Originally Posted by Zeus993
How do I deal with it? I drive it! Who cares about the mileage? My Spyder has almost 40k and I wish I could drive it more. Porsches are very different cars. They do well with higher mileages and still hold their value. . . . Drive it more!
+1 Gotta agree with Joel 100%. At one point years ago I admit to having a concern about mileage, but then my best buddy came down with some serious health issues and he constantly reminded me of how fleeting time is and how we don't know how long we've got. When I'm on my last leg, I want to smile at the thought of epic drives -- either solo, or with friends and family -- and not lament the time the car sat in the garage to keep the miles down. Plus, you have a special car which will retain value better than many. Continue to enjoy it as intended!
The following users liked this post:
#628 RS60 Spyder (01-21-2020)
Old 04-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Daniwheel
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

You guys are awesome! I'm feeling much better about it now... thanks much! By the way... I've never posted a picture of my car here (surprisingly I never take pictures of it), so heres a couple I took it when I almost sold it before I moved to UT (thank god it didn't work out hehehehe)

That's actually the moon getting behind the mountain before the sun came up... UT is beautiful.
The following 2 users liked this post by Daniwheel:
#628 RS60 Spyder (01-21-2020), KLOC (12-29-2022)

Quick Reply: RS 60 SPYDER official rennlist registry